7. Parents Weekend pt.2

"Our old year book!" My mother gasped as she picked the book up from Ms. Weem's desk, "I haven't laid eyes on this in over twenty years. Such good times we had, didn't we Larissa?"

"Some of us better than others." She said with the fakest smaller smile ever.

"Oh don't be so modest." My mother grinned, "You always filled a room with your presence. Like a stately sequoia tree.." she said opening up the book.

My father made a face when she said that before Weems spoke up, "And I guess that would make you the lumberjack."

Wow it's literally Wednesday and Bianca in a different front.

"There's that biting sense of humor that I always adored!" My mother laughed, "Do you remember when we did that duet for the Solstice talent show? Your Judy Garland impression was a dead ringer." She complimented to which Weems just smiled.

"Sounds positively suicidal." Wednesday spoke up from beside me.

"Agreed." I muttered.

"Oh. My pictures gone." My mom said after flipping the page seemingly disappointed.

"Really? Well that is odd." Ms. Weems acted concerned, not very well though good thing she didn't quite her day job.

"May I borrow this for the weekend? That way me and Gomez can take a walk down memory lane." She asked with a smile looking over at my dad who.. growled.. in response?

"All right. Let's get down to the matter at hand shall we?" Weems said signaling my mother to sit down in the chair next to my dad as me and Wednesday sat behind the two of them.

"Unfortunately, Wednesdays assimilation has been.. rocky at best. Same with Y/n as I'm sure you know.." she said referring to my arm that was in the sling.

"Because we refuse to accept the culture and dishonesty and denial permeating this school. Starting with the monster that killed Rowan, almost killed Y/n, and put Eugene in the ICU. Although I do hear he's 'on the mend.'" Wednesday spoke up stepping forward.

"We've always encouraged Wednesday and Y/n to speak their mind. Sometimes her sharp tongue can cut deep.. he's still working on it." My dad shrugged.

"Wha-" I was about to say something slightly offended but his point was quickly proven when I was interrupted.

"Apparently their therapist feels neither of them have been very open to the process. Their time together has not yielded the results we'd hoped." Weems interrupted.

"We're not lab rats." Wednesday stated.

"No were more like an ant farm. Fire ants."I said smiling as I looked over at her to which she just shook her head to, "No you know, like the show ant farm? Weren't they in a lab or something? We used to watch it-" I tried to explain to which she just shushed me.

"Dr. Kinbott have spoken, and we both agree, that it would be most beneficial for you all to attend a family session this weekend." Ms. Weems suggested.

"No." Wednesday quickly declined.

"I would rather die." I spoke up.