4. Dance till your dead

"So, are you going to the dance?" I asked Enid as we sat in her room working on a project for History.

"Oh yeah, are you? Who are you gonna ask?" She asked looking at me

I shrugged, "Maybe, and I have someone in mind. What about you?"

"EEK! Who is it? No one yet as far as I'm concerned." She said

"I'm not telling you!" I said chuckling.

"Oh come on please!" She begged.

I shook my head, "no because the you'll tell him!"

"Its a him?" She questioned.

I internally panicked, "um.. no. I meant her. Yeah, her." I muttered "lets just get back to work."

"Y/n it's fine, I don't care what you like." She said sounding genuine as she smiled.

I nodded a little and smiled back, "Yeah I know. But we really should get back to work."

She noded and we went back to work.

After about aither half our I looked at the time. "Damn, sorry I have to go now. We can keep working on it tomorrow or later I think we're almost done." I said grabbing my stuff as I stood up.

"Yeah of course that's fine. See you later." She smiled.

I went back to the Greenhouse where Ms. Thornhill was. "Hi." I said smiling a little.

"Hello, Mr. Addams." She said smiling "Here you go just what you asked for."

I smiled and took the bouquet of black roses, "Thank you, your a life saver." I said then left to go to Xaviers shed where he usually was at this time.

When I got there him and Wednesday were outside, they hadn't noticed me though.

"Would you go to the dance with me?" I heard Wednesday say.

I stopped in my tracks, I felt betrayed I may not have told her but she knew how felt about Xavier.
But it wasn't only that, it was what Xaveir said next that was the icing on the cake.

"Yes, Wednesday I'd love to go to the dance with you." He said grinning a little.

My heart shattered into a million pieces, I didn't know what to do, I just wanted to sink into the ground and die.

After thy exchanged a few words Wednesday turned around and saw me, and Xavier finally noticed I was standing there.

Well now I just looked kinda stupid holding a bouquet of flowers.

"Um you left these in your room, Enid told me to bring them to you." I said handing them to her.
"I'll see you guys later congrats." I said dully before going back.

I went to the bathroom and sat in the bathtub and just cried. I know it's stupid, but I couldn't help it. I felt numb.

It's not like it matters. He likes her not me. And even if I did ask him, he probably wouldn't have said yes so it's not that big of a deal.