02

CHAPTER TWO,Dorm Room 14

CHAPTER TWO,
Dorm Room 14

In every school, there will always be a certain room everyone talks about, whether it has a tragic past or an unsettling feeling to it. RedWood had its very own.

Dorm Room 14, a place where students posted urban legends and theories about the internet. They speculated a long time ago that a girl got murdered there by her boyfriend, and ever since then, any boy that entered that room has ended up dead near the school's grounds.

The event stopped happening a year ago, but the students never erased the rumor out of their minds. It stuck with them like gum.

Nowadays, the dorm is occupied by three girls, all around the same age. Reports of abnormal activities were not rare during the beginning, but gradually, it began to die down until it became just like any other dorm room.

Students didn't creep past the room anymore, eyeing the door, waiting for it to slam open and reveal a bloody crime scene. They walked past it normally.

Astra made her way to her dorm quietly—though the creaky floor made it impossible to do so—holding a blue mug in one hand. Dinner had ended just a moment ago, meaning the hallways were bound to be crowded at this time.

She turned a corner. No one. Weird. Never in her life would she have thought that there was a day when the route wasn't packed with students talking before they were all eventually trapped back in their prison cells.

She wondered if everyone had gone into their rooms already. It was unnatural of them.

On the last turn to her room, commotion emitted from the hallway; students shouted and whispered among themselves. She couldn't hear what they were saying; the words were muffled by her earphones.

One by one, she plucked them out, placing them inside the casing. Her body leaned slightly to the left, hands holding onto the wall's corner for support, in an attempt to take a peek at the situation.

"Do you think we should call Ms. Dracy?" A student asked, their voice drowning out everyone else's.

Another replied, "She'll kill us!"

"We have to tell someone."

Astra slowly walked over to the crowd, trying to blend in as well as possible. Hurriedly, she tapped someone's shoulder. "Hey, what's going on?" Tone laced with worry.

"Someone got into a fight. It's bad." She answered, pointing to the inside of the room.

The girl was right; it looked horrible.

Food was littered all over the white walls. The carpet stained with blood reminded her of the lab's cold white floor, with splattered blood glistening on it while the staff showed up in hazmat suits using a mop to drain the liquid away.

The furniture was on the verge of breaking apart; the table had a missing leg, and other items indicated signs of severe damage. Her eyes skimmed past the metal sign on top of the dorm's door. Dorm Room 14. It was her dorm.