09

CHAPTER NINE,Unwanted Guest

CHAPTER NINE,
Unwanted Guest

Five hours. Five hours had passed since she was rudely awakened by the clamorous shouts emanating from the neighboring room.

From the moment consciousness seeped back into her, pain gripped her body, its tendrils spreading like a malevolent force.

Hazy memories trickled back into her mind, but any attempt to rise sent her head spinning uncontrollably, a relentless throbbing pulsing behind her temples.

It was evident she had blacked out earlier that morning.

Despite this realization, her vision remained clouded. Sunlight burst through the windows of the manor, casting the once-dull room into sudden brilliance.

Echoes of the past lingered in the air, a reminder of the memories she had left behind here.

She hadn't anticipated returning so soon, nor had she imagined needing to. As the throbbing pain began to ebb, she cautiously straightened up on the couch, refraining from attempting to stand as the ache persisted.

With a weary sigh, Astra reached for the TV remote, neatly resting on the desk. Static crackled when she tried to turn it on.

Odd.

The balcony door stood wide open, allowing the stifling heat of the damp air to invade the room, suffocating her within.

"You know what?" Selina burst into the living room, snatching her jacket and carelessly displacing the clutter of documents on the desk.

"What?" Another figure followed her out, his tone as icy as ever.

"We don't need your help." Her irritation matched her tone as she glanced at her friend seated on the couch. "Come on, Astra, let's go."

She nudged her friend's shoulder. "Wait, what—" Astra, visibly bewildered, struggled to rise from the couch.

Locking eyes with the person in question, Bruce, a wave of confusion washed over her.

Why was he so bothered to help them?

"Are you serious, Bruce?" Her voice trembled with distress, her legs feeling as unstable as noodles as a torrent of thoughts flooded her mind.

Bruce Wayne met her gaze with an unyielding stare, a void of remorse. "Yes, I am." His arms crossed firmly as he took a step forward.

She scoffed, "After every—"

"After what? After you left me?" His voice sliced through her unfinished sentence. "Don't come asking for my help." Astra was left speechless as Bruce slammed the door shut.

A/N: This is very short I knoww 😭😭 But I have my finals week rn and im slowly losing my braincells