Why Is He Here?

We noticed it was getting colder, so Nat offered to go to her apartment since it was just a few blocks away. When we arrived at her apartment, she told us that Pietro and Wanda is going to join us now since they were done on whatever they were doing.

We discussed the plan, where it was going to be held on. Few minutes later Pietro and Wanda arrived and bought food.

"Piet!" I ran towards him and almost knocked him over hugging him.
"I've missed my little boyyy!!" I uttered still hugging him.

"I've missed you too Y/N! Welcome back!" He said smiling over me.

Everyone sat down at the couch eating the food Pietro and Wanda bought. I were sitting next to Piet catching up, and laughing when suddenly there was a knock on the door. "I'll get that!" Sam yelled with a pizza in his hand.

I shifted my gaze towards the door, and there he stood, captivating my attention. James.

My eyes met Nat's with a brow raised shooting her a "what the hell is he doing here?" stare, and she just shrugged with a pizza in her mouth. I looked over at Steve who was smiling and telling him to come in. Oh, thats why.

"Hey guys, I bought some food and drinks for my absence." He said, a calm smile gracing his face.

" Woohoo! More food and drinks!" Sam yelled.

He then sat down next to Steve. Nat broke the silence and started summarizing our plan on where and when the reunion is going to happen.

"Also, I've noticed we're all kind of busy for the next couple of days, so I think that we should pair up in twos ..or threes since theres seven of us." She uttered the words, her gaze fixed upon us, searching for agreement.

"I think thats cool." I answered since no one responded. "Can I partner up with you?" I asked.

"Uhh I think I should be the one pairing you guys up so that theres more fun." She said a smirk forming on her lips.

"I guess thats fine too." Steve answered.

" Okay so, Pietro and Wanda you both are in charge with the catering. Sam and Steve and me we will be in charge with the decorations. Y/N and Bucky, you both are in charge for the invitation." She said without any hesitation.

" WHAT?!" I yelled choking on my drink.

"No way I'm going with that asshole, no way uh-uh" I said in disgust and anger.

"Wow, that hurts me. You're the first girl to reject me Y/N. " He said, a hint of sarcasm lacing his words.

" I'm glad I am, because you deserve it. Nat, come on now why cant I be paired with Sam or anyone here besides him? You know I hate that man." I pleaded.

" Y/N im sorry but I feel like its time for you to accept that the past is past, lately I've been talking to him and noticed he had changed. Even Sam is friends with him." She elaborated.

I just rolled my eyes at her and went to her kitchen to drink water. I didn't notice that someone was following me until I turned around after finding the water in the fridge.

"What the hell do you want, James."

"What the fuck is up with you?" He replied, fuming in anger.

"Nothings wrong with me, your the one that has a problem"

"Why do you not want to be partnered up with me?" His eyes shifted to my clothes that's been stained because of the coffee earlier. "Is it because of earlier? When I bumped into you? I already said Im sorry even though you're quite right of me not meaning it--"

"That is not all. You've treated me so bad in highschool, calling me stupid names, shoving me into lockers, doing dumb pranks that caused me to be humiliated, spread fake rumors about me. Now explain to me, how can a sorry just suddenly make my pain go away? Did you even know I suffered depression because of you? " I yelled but quite enough so that the others wont hear. He was the first person to know I suffered depression back then.

" I-- I didnt know, Im sorry--" he said in a concerned look.

"Oh shut it. Fine. " I responded in annoyance.

" Fine? " He asked curiously

" Yeah. Fine. I'll be your fucking partner, but dont think I'll be friends with you or anything. " I said as I left the kitchen, grabbed my jacket and bag from the living room where everyone was sitting and just ran out the door slamming it shut.

----
GUYS IDK HOW TO FEEL ABOUT THIS T-T I HOPE YALL LIKE IT ...