Emergency Cook

BUCKY'S POV

I went to Sam's place after knowing that Steve went there after he went to Nats.

I went in with a huge smile on my face, not knowing why.

"Hey Buck!" Steve greeted

"Hey Steve" I greeted back.

" Why is Mr. Barnes so happy today? Sam chuckled while poking me in the shoulder.

"Nothing." I whined sitting next to Steve.

"Really. Whos the lucky girl?" Sam asked sitting next to us.

"No one." I replied biting my lip to stop a smile.

"Why did you take so long to get to here?" Steve asked turning on the TV.

"Oh I dropped off Y/N at Nats." I replied while removing my jacket.

" Y/N?" Sam and Steve said in unison.

" So. Y/N is the girl?" Sam asked smirking.

I didn't answer for a while. I opened my mouth to answer but Sam spoke first.

" No way!! Y/N and Bucky!" He spoke up with a large grin

" Bucky is that true?" Steve asked

" No. I don't like her. She's too loud when we were making the invitation and obnoxious . I hate when she answers without looking. " I said in a serious tone. Shit. That was such a bad excuse.

" Steve, we've got a lover boy here." Sam squealed.

Steve just chuckled and we both ended up talking about Steve and Nat. Yes I knew that they're together and stuff but Steve asked not to tell anyone.

- A day before the party -

Y/N'S POV

I was all alone in our house since my brother had school, my mom was hanging out with her friends and my dad was at work.

I was checking my emails and again, scheduling Tony's meetings and talking with Pepper on the phone when I heard a knock on the door.

I said bye to Pepper and opened the door to see James.

" Uh-- What are you doing here?" I ask in confusion.

"Did you not see Nat's text in the Group chat?" He asked furrowing.

"I guess.. wait let me check. Come in." I replied.

I picked up my phone and opened our text. Apparently Wanda said that theres only going to be 5 foods. It was supposed to be 6 but the cater only had 5 menu.

Bucky offered for him to cook the food which was his famous creamy pasta carbonara.

Nat agreed and told him that he needs to bring me with him so that "my cooking skill can improve" . Typical Natasha. You knew that wasn't the reason she wanted you to come with James.

"Fuck you Nat" I whispered to myself.

"So? Are you in or out?" Bucky asked.

"Yeah. But we'll make it tomorrow, yeah?" I offered sitting back down

"Obviously. But we need to buy the ingredients now so that we wont have to rush tomorrow." He said looking around my house.

" Okay. I'll just change." I replied

After a few minutes we went to the grocery store and bought the ingredients.

I was trying to grab something thats
in the very top shelf and was struggling. Until Bucky suddenly appeared beside me and helped me get what I was getting, his hands brushed over my arm and I felt fireworks erupt.

I thought he was helping me but instead he moved the box to the higher shelf.

"Fuck you, Barnes!" I yelled as he strut down to the next aisle

"Will you?" He said looking back at you with a smirk.

What? That asshole. I felt my cheeks grow red. I brushed the thought off and followed him.