1⭒ The Lightning Thief

━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━

Fourteen years ago, a baby was born. A baby, beautiful like her mother. But of course, like all of mother's children, she could not stay with her. The girl was to live with her father, only to be rejected before he even knew her name. So Aphrodite sent her daughter to the only safe place for kids like her. Camp Half-Blood. Y/N was never told what happened with her father. She had always hoped that one day he might contact her, and take her in for a year until it was summer again. But until that happened, she was not allowed to leave.

Y/N was now 14 years old. Her necklace had 14 beads on its chain.

Tomorrow marks the official start of summer vacation, which means it's the last day that it will be this quiet at camp. Annabeth and Y/N were sitting at a picnic table by the beach with books and pencils in front of them. Annabeth was explaining this new thing called 'algebra'. Y/N had asked Annabeth to tutor her so that she wouldn't be behind if she actually went to school one day.

Y/N was spacing out and watched the ocean's waves get smaller once they reached the shore. She was contemplating nothing particular. All of a sudden, she was snapped out of her daze.

"You were not listening to me, Y/N!" Annabeth said frustrated.

"Huh? No, I was."

"Tell me what I said then."

"You were talking about.. numbers and dividing stuff." Annabeth gave Y/N a stern look. "Okay, fine. I wasn't paying attention. It's so boring. Can't you just tell me another story like.. Orpheus and Eurydice or Psyche and Eros?"

"Here's a story for you. There once was a girl named Y/n who failed all her exams because she refused to pay attention," Annabeth said with a cocky smile.

Y/N stared at Annabeth and sighed. "Okay, you got me there. Go on."

They studied till late afternoon. Suddenly, a tall boy with a scar on his cheek approached them. "Hey. What are you guys doing?" Luke asked as he sat on the opposite side of the table. "She's torturing me," Y/N answered him with her head in her hands. Annabeth just rolled her eyes at her. "I'm tutoring her. We're doing algebra," she said with a special smile she only wore when Luke was around. Luke grabbed her textbook from the table and studied the pages.

"I never liked that shit. Glad to not have it anymore," he said, placing the book back down. Annabeth's smile faded a little; she did like algebra. They all sat in silence for some time.

"Do you guys want to do something? I'm bored as hell, and I think Y/N could use a break," Luke offered. Both Y/N and Annabeth agreed. After returning their books to the little library in cabin 6, they all went to the Canoeing Lake. Luke took a canoe from inside the shed out, and they all pushed it towards the water. One by one they got in, and Luke started rowing.

Y/N occupied the front seat, with Annabeth seated behind her, and Luke seated behind Annabeth. Y/N spread her arms.

"Annie! Titanic me!" she yelled.

Annabeth came behind, trying to contain her laughter. She too opened her arms and laced her hands with Y/N's.

Y/N gasps dramatically. "Annie! I'm flying!" she quoted.

Annabeth started singing horribly. "Come, Josephine, in my flying machine, going up, she goes up, up she goes!"

They all started to die from laughter, which almost made their canoe flip over. After some time of just enjoying the beautiful lake, they made their way back to the shore.