Chapter 52

_ . _

Chapter 52

"Now, submit to me," the command echoed through Samael's mind, a sinister melody preceding the descent into darkness. Uncertainty gnawed at him—was it his resolve to confront Triton or the insidious black mist infiltrating his being that plunged him into this abyss? In the suffocating embrace of the void, Samael's limbs stiffened, multiple hands dragging him down as though drowning without the agony of water filling his lungs.

A profound transformation seized him in the waning embers of consciousness, a dark and formidable power awakening within. Unlike his customary shift to the Gordon form, this metamorphosis was primal and terrifying.

Within the shadows of his mind's eye, a figure loomed, a woman's silhouette accompanying him into oblivion, her presence chillingly familiar. As she turned, recognition struck—his mother, Medusa.

With a vacant stare, Medusa dissipated like fleeting grains of sand.

"Erich, come and save me..."

Meanwhile, Athena hovered in the celestial realm, her divine chariot drawn by an ebony pegasus, brows knitted in contemplation as she surveyed the tumultuous seas below. A subtle tap of her foot betrayed her unease until a familiar presence disrupted her solitude.

Whirling around, Athena's scowl greeted the figure behind her. "How distasteful to encounter you again."

The man chuckled, with a hint of mockery in his tone. "Aren't you at least happy to see me? I escaped the war just to participate in this filmy drama happening in this sacred land."

"How amusing," Athena retorted, her spear lowering. "I will never remember how you used to be a twink prince who only cared about his looks and reputation. But suddenly, that twink of a prince was scared of letting his twin sister get all the glory, so he decided to copy all the things his sister did just so the Olympus would see him as the next true ruler, just like his father."

Ares's grin faltered as he advanced. "Wouldn't it be magnificent if the Olympus had two war gods who would rule over the Olympus together? Isn't that right, Athena?"

Dismissing his proposition, Athena sneered, "I see that you're still stubborn about marrying me, brother."

Ares smirked, tightening his grip on his sword. "There's nothing to be uncomfortable about it. All of the gods here are basically brothers and sisters. It is only right that we reproduce with each other to strengthen the divine lineage of Olympus."

"How shallow, brother," Athena spat, her countenance darkening. "In the near future, I won't be surprised if a goddess suddenly gave birth to a defective god or even a horrifying monster."

"Isn't your son a monster himself?" Ares taunted. "I'm surprised you let him handle the Kingdom of Athens, which is now handled by Tacia and Bithia. Those warriors were once formidable by your side, but now they're nothing but the nannies of your son."

"Don't underestimate those veteran warriors," Athena countered, a knowing smile gracing her lips. "Those two women have more battle experience than you, who only participated in wars that were bound for victories."

"I've grown weary of your antics," Ares declared, drawing his sword with a solemnity that erased the smile from his lips. Athena, responding in kind, raised her spear, her expression steeling for the clash ahead. As Ares glanced at the turbulent waves crashing against the shore, a sudden recollection struck him. "Oh, right. I was supposed to kill the Kraken, then marry you after."