𝟏 | 𝐀𝐧 𝐀𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐚𝐠𝐞 𝐃𝐚𝐲

It was a cold saturday, as the eight year old Y/N woke up in her bed, in hell. She stood up. The imp made her bed neatly, and walked down the stairs to the kitchen. Her mother was already sitting at the kitchen table, reading the newspaper.

"Good morning, mom!" Y/N greeted. Her mother looked up, and smiled at her. "What do you plan on doing today?" Y/N's mother asked. The question seemed rather ironic, because she propably already knew the anwser.

Y/N was a smart girl, and was spending every oh so little minute in the local libary. For her age, she was reading a lot. Since the libary was a very small one, Y/N already read a whole shelf of books from there. Every libarian knew her, and everyone always greeted her.

"I'm going to the libary!" Y/N replied to her mother. Her mothers smile grew evem wider. "Make sure to take a jacket with you. It's very cold outside right now." Her mother stood up and took her jacket from the jacket hook. She gave it to her. "Bye!" Y/N just wanted to run out of the door, as her mother placed an apple in her hand. "Eat that on the way darling." With that sentence, the imp was speeding out of the house.

The imp walked through the streets of hell, straight to the local libary. The walk did take a few minutes. Y/N was walking for about four minutes as she came to the libary. She walked inside and was greeted by the working libarian, Leon. "Hey Y/N! Back again?" Leon walked up to her with a stack of books. "Hey Leon! I'm looking for books about astronomy! Do you have any?"

Leon looked at her for a second, then laughing. "Aren't you too young for that?" Leon was still laughing. "Uhm-" Y/N stuttered. He looked at the imp. "Okay okay! Chill." Leon started walking and Y/N rushed behind him. After a short walk Leon stopped at a shelf in the back of the libary. It looked as if it has been untouched for years. Some books were fully enveloped with dust, while others were only partly enveloped.

"Thank you so much Leon!" Y/N smiled at the taller imp. "Yeah, I mean that's my job?" He chuckled and walked back to the front desk, leaving Y/N alone with the dusty books. The smaller imp chose a book, and walked back to a desk with 3 seats at each side. She picked one and sat down. After looking at her book, she smiled. It was a simple book. Y/N was still happy though.

The imp placed the book on the table, the cover facing her. It was still dusty, and Y/N was just able to guess the title. She blew the dust away, and read the title. It was a brown book, with golden engravings for the title. The book was propably older than her, but she didn't care.

Y/N was now opening the book. Its pages seemed even older than its outside. The imp had to be carefull, not to rip any pages. She was starting to read, and it seemed as if she was in another dimension, her eyes focusing on the words, while her mind was imagining everything she read...

__________

585 words..
I hope you liked the first chapter, and wouldn't mind dropping any ideas right here in the comments! <3