Tension: Nicks POV

I quickly covered my mouth, that came out much harsher than I had imagined. But he needed to hear it. He's being delusional. Yes, I feel bad. It was harsh, mean even... but that's the truth.
  "Jay..." I shakily went on after a few moment of silence but he held his hand up for me to stop, but I didn't. "I know you love her, I know you've waited five years for her, but the truth is she doesn't love you anymore. As much as you hate to hear it, she loves Tom. She isn't coming back." I reached for his hand. "Jay, I don't want to see something bad happen to you for chasing after her over and over."
  He stared at me. "Go Nick. I think you've overstayed your welcome."
"But Jay..."
"Now Nick."
I sadly turned to go and as I did I looked back one more time to see if he still wanted me gone, his face said it all and I made my way down the steps, through his garden back over to my lonely shack.
  After a few hours had passed I decided to sit out on my porch and read on my swing. I watched as Jay still paced around his balcony. I feel awful about what I said to him, I'd hate me too. I just hope he will at least phone or say goodbye before he's gone forever. Just like Tom and Daisy.