[ 𝟔 ] : 𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐦𝐚𝐲𝐛𝐞

Ruby was sat on the porch of the Greenes house getting a bit of the fresh air outside

Ruby was sat on the porch of the Greenes house getting a bit of the fresh air outside. a specific blonde sat beside ruby.

"Hi Beth." She greeted as she smiled nicely. "Hi Rube." She greeted back with that kind smile of hers.

"You know how you never talk about yourself right?" She started and at this Ruby looked up.

"Yeah , why?" She asked confusion into her eyes.

"I want to know more about you. Let's start small , what's your favorite color?" Beth asked with brief amazement in her eyes

"Ok. My favorite color is sage green. It reminds me of my brother , I think Carl and my brother would've been good friends. They both like comics." Ruby explained fidgeting with the bottom of her shirt.

"What was your brother's name?" Beth asked.

Ruby looked up at the word was. She hadn't thought of her family being dead. Maybe they were. She hadn't seen them in about three months.

"His name was AJ , I had a sister named Becca and then it was just my mom and dad." She explained.

"Oh."  Beth finished not knowing what to say. "What were your parents like?" She said after a comfortable silence.

"My mom was the nicest. She made these really good chocolate chip cookies! And my dad.." the girl trialed off from her sentence her mind going somewhere she didn't want to go.

"He was mean but nice. I can't really explain it. He was in the military for a while and when he came back he was different. Not in a bad way but just different." She explained eyeing Beth.

Beth nodded taking in her words as she excused herself. Ruby sighed as Beth walked into the kitchen her smile creeping back up onto her face putting on a happy face.

The girl stood up as she made her way over to the groups camp and made her way over to her and Glenn's tent.

Glenn didn't have anyone to share with so Ruby decided to share with him. She took out a granola bar she had stashed.

She ripped the rapper open and took a bite out sitting in a chair they had out in the open.

"Walker!" Andrea alerted the group in fear. Ruby sighed and rolled her eyes putting her bar down. She slid into her tent as she grabbed her knife.

She ran towards the direction where Andrea was yelling for the walker. "I bet I can nail it from here!" She exclaimed suddenly happy.

"Put the gun down!" Ruby brought her down and rolled her eyes. She started a light jog into a deep run forward the walker.

She heard Shane , Glenn and Rick on her heels as she came up to the apparent walker the girl sighed as she recognized the man to be Daryl.

"Oh my fucking god." She gagged out hanging her head low in disbelief. Rick ran up and pointed his gun at the man.

"It's the third time you pointed that thing at my head! You gonna pull the trigger or not!" He shouted angry. He looked like a literal walker.

Blood was on his mouth as if he had been eating. She noticed a knife stabbed into him.

The girl scoffed out a short laugh and sighed but in a sudden movement the older man was pushed onto the floor and gunshot rung through the air.

The girls mouth was awide and in shock as he was shot. In the head..?

No he was grazed and for some reason to Ruby he looked kinda funny. Rick and Shane rushed over to him and pulled him up.

"I was kidding!" He exasperated. The girl coughed to hold back a laugh. She had to tell someone , and the only one who would listen was carl. she didn't even know if they were friends yet but she didn't care.

Ruby ran back to the Greenes house and smirked. She slid off her shoes and ushered herself to Carls room.

She knocked but didn't wait for a response as she barged her way in. "You will not believe what just happened. It was so funny!" She exclaimed to the boy , grinning from ear to ear.

"What?" He asked in confusion and rubbed his eyes. "Daryl's grazed! Andrea was being stupid and she thought it was a walker." She explained trying to keep Carl up.

"So basically your dad pointed his gun at Daryl's head , beacuseee they thought he was a walker! He was wearing ears. He had a knife stuck in his freaking side! And then out of literally nowhere , he's on the floor and he said I was kidding! Although it's sad or something , it was super funny!" She explained smiling at the incident.

Carl smiled and giggled. "If it was me I personally would not have missed!"

Ruby was handed a plate of food it contained , mashed potatoes, veggies and chicken.

she was handed another plate to take to carls room since he couldn't be walking around yet.

Ruby barged herself into Carls room and ushered herself back out once she saw he was changing.

"Sorry!" She exclaimed. "It's alright come in!" He yelled back.

The girl quickly crepped back in and sat down in a chair and handed Carl his plate.

"They found Sophia's doll today." Ruby spoke interrupting the silence.

"What?" He asked.

"When Daryl came back he had Sophia's doll. T dog noticed it first." She explained.

"Oh. Do you think they'll find her?" Carl asked as if he had read Ruby's mind.

She kept ok thinking about how she could've saved the girl. She could've stayed with her. Maybe if Rick didn't show up she would still be on her own and Sophia would be back safely.

Maybe.

                ____________________

authors note :

hello!

words :: 975