a new beginning

I woke up to the smell of spring, warm spring, the thin sheet spread over me and Matty's legs, my arm resting on his chest, I stretched and sat up slowly, my feet touching the perfectly cold floor, my vest straps perfectly resting on my shoulders, my panties the perfect size, I smiled slightly, then looked over to Matty, I got up and looked out the window, before feeling a hand on mine, I turned "what's the time?" Matty asked "I'd say around 8am" I replied, before sitting next to him on the edge of the bed "I'm gonna go make breakfast" I said, then kissed his cheek, put on some loose shorts and went downstairs, about 20 minutes later Matty walked down and into the kitchen "your just in time" I said, Matty came up behind me and hugged me, resting his chin on my shoulder as I flipped the bacon in the pan "smells good" he said, before taking a peace of bacon out of the pan "hey!" I yelled, taking the rest of it from his mouth then eating it myself "ha!" I said, smiling "hey thats not fair!" He said playfully, we ate breakfast then I changed into a shoulder cut green ish shirt and some black shorts, I went back downstairs and walked up behind Matty reading his book "I'm going, I'm on Judy Duty all day" I said, then kissed his head "see you later" he said as I walked away "love you!" I said opening the door "love you too!" He replied as I walked out, the smell of spring hit me, I walked down the porch steps and over the road to Daryl, Cleaning his bike outside his house "hey" I said "hey" he replied, standing up "you going out?" I asked "yeah" he answered, before getting on his bike "ill try bring you back somethin" I smiled at him, squinting one eye from the sun, before he drove away, then I walked to Rick and Michonne's, I saw Judith run down the steps and to me, I picked her up and swung her around "hey cutie" I said, holding her and walking up the steps "hey auntie D" she said, my heart sunk, I saw Michonne sitting on the top step, she stood up "Michonne.. she called me auntie!!" I said happily, Michonne smiled at me "thanks again, Rick and I are doing our best building this bridge-" "it's alot I know, don't worry, I love Jude" I said cutting her off, she smiled and hugged me, me and Judith spent the whole day outside in the sun, I taught her to make Daisy chains, we did some drawing, played tag, hide and seek, the whole shebang, just as we were about go inside I heard thr sound of a bike pulling up, I turned around driving, me and Judith waved at Daryl as he got off of his bike, I walked over, holding Judith "hey" I said "I got you somethin" daryl said, pulling a necklace from his small satchel, I took it, it was a small chain with a Swirl pendant "thanks" I said, looking up at Daryl "s'alright" he said smiling back.

Me and Matty read a book to Judith, sending her to sleep, she stayed the night in the bed with me and Matty.

The next Morning I went over to Rick and Michonne's, I knocked on the door, there was no answer so I waited a few minutes, holding Judith as I looked down, seeing Carl's handprint, I crouched, putting my hand on top of his, it's odd that I know Carl better than Judith does, I'll make sure I always tell her how brave he was, and he died saving somebody, I stand as I here michonne walk up behind me, I turn "wheres rick?" I asked confused "out, he disappeared last night, after talking about what to do with the herd, few of us are going out to look for him" she said walking in and grapping a gun "I'll come, you can use the hands, Matty won't mind looking after Judith" I said following her down the porch steps, Matty walked over "Matty look after Judith I'm going out, I love you!" I said, handing Judith over and adjusting my butcher knife in its holster.