16: Fiesty as usual.

Lucien had invited the sins to dine with him that evening, when the red moon was at its fullest and painted the sky in a brilliant crimson

The sins reluctantly came because they knew it was more of an order than a request.

They all sat opposite facing the emperor, and ate slowly, glaring at him with each bite.

Lucinda and Eness had informed them all about what they'd found, and the sisters were positively enraged.

They ate in silent fury, with Wrenna's glare being so hard on Lucien that you'd think she was trying to burn a hole through his head.

Lucien, who seemed to have noticed the damp atmosphere, decided to break the silence.

"Mistresses, it has come to my attention that I haven't been giving my best to this selection affair. I would like to fix that by getting to know each of you well."

They mulled over his words and nodded, seemingly uninterested in whatever stale efforts he intended to put in.

"I would like to start with your names. What do you think of that idea, Eness?" He regarded her, making Eness pause in shock, and her sisters gaze at her confusingly.

"I think you don't need my opinion for that, your majesty." Eness said flatly, meeting his eyes.

"Feisty as usual, I see." He grinned.

"What you call feisty, your majesty, I call confidence." She glared slightly.

The sisters were watching their back and forth banter with curiosity.

𝑆𝑡𝑟𝑎𝑛𝑔𝑒. They all thought.

"Very well, may I start with you, mistress of Greed?" He questioned with chivalry.

"Grizelle."

He nodded, then he looked at the mistress of Pride, who was sitting next to Grizelle.

"Pranayaa."

Then it went around in a clockwise direction.

"Sirena."

"Wrenna."

"Gilamora."

And finally, "Lucinda."

"Thank you all for participating, mistresses. I'm honoured to know your names." He said as politely as he could.

The rest of the dinner passed by with more awkward silence.

The dinner soon ended, and Lucien got up to leave, making up a random excuse about a headache, and storming away afterwards.

𝑇ℎ𝑎𝑡'𝑠 𝑖𝑡? 𝑇ℎ𝑎𝑡'𝑠 𝑤ℎ𝑎𝑡 ℎ𝑒 𝑐𝑎𝑙𝑙𝑠 𝑒𝑓𝑓𝑜𝑟𝑡?

𝐼𝑓 𝑡ℎ𝑎𝑡'𝑠 𝑠𝑢𝑝𝑝𝑜𝑠𝑒𝑑 𝑡𝑜 𝑏𝑒 ℎ𝑖𝑚 𝑡𝑟𝑦𝑖𝑛𝑔, 𝐼 𝑤𝑜𝑛𝑑𝑒𝑟 𝑤ℎ𝑎𝑡 ℎ𝑖𝑚 𝑛𝑜 𝑡𝑟𝑦𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑖𝑠. 𝑇ℎ𝑎𝑡 𝑤𝑜𝑢𝑙𝑑 𝑝𝑟𝑜𝑏𝑎𝑏𝑙𝑦 𝑏𝑒 𝑖𝑔𝑛𝑜𝑟𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑢𝑠 𝑙𝑖𝑘𝑒 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑝𝑙𝑎𝑔𝑢𝑒. 𝑂ℎ 𝑤𝑎𝑖𝑡, ℎ𝑒'𝑠 𝑎𝑙𝑟𝑒𝑎𝑑𝑦 𝑑𝑜𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑡ℎ𝑎𝑡. Eness thought with a scowl.