22: Deal with the Devil.

𝑺𝒐𝒖𝒏𝒅𝒕𝒓𝒂𝒄𝒌: 𝑷𝒓𝒐𝒃𝒍𝒆𝒎𝒔- 𝑳𝒊𝒍 𝑷𝒆𝒆𝒑 😈

🎶𝐼 𝑚𝑎𝑑𝑒 𝑎 𝑑𝑒𝑎𝑙 𝑤𝑖𝑡ℎ 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑑𝑒𝑣𝑖𝑙
𝑌𝑜𝑢 𝑘𝑛𝑜𝑤 𝐼 𝑔𝑜𝑡 𝑚𝑦 𝑝𝑟𝑜𝑏𝑙𝑒𝑚𝑠
𝐾𝑛𝑜𝑤 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑔𝑜𝑡 𝑦𝑜𝑢𝑟𝑠 𝑡𝑜𝑜🎶

🎶𝐻𝑜𝑙𝑑 𝑜𝑛 𝑡𝑜 𝑚𝑦 𝑟𝑒𝑣𝑜𝑙𝑣𝑒𝑟
𝑇ℎ𝑒𝑦 𝑎𝑖𝑛'𝑡 𝑙𝑜𝑜𝑘𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑓𝑜𝑟 𝑦𝑜𝑢 🎶

Eness had asked for directions to the emperor's meeting room, where some maids told her he was

She had gotten to a pair of large golden double doors, when she began to hear shouts coming from the inside. Shouts that sounded like an abuse to her ears.

She winced and steeled her nerves before storming in.

Upon entry, she was greeted by the sight of the emperor, a duke, her father, and the two idiot princes staring back at her.

Eness hadn't seen her father since she'd burnt his hand at court.

She was surprised and confused as to why he was in there.

Lucien looked at her with a thankful smile.

"Perfect timing, lady Eness. I assume you're here for our discussion?" He said with almost pleading eyes at Eness, he wanted her to play along.

"Yes. Exactly, your highness." She said, following along to whatever he was doing.

"Nonsense. She can wait," shouted Ariton, glaring at Eness. "Brother can you believe Duke Vestergaard did—-,"

"No. You two can wait," he said menacingly, before he turned to Vestergaard. "Escort my brothers out, Vestergaard, and make sure they stay out until I give you further instructions."

Duke Vestergaard and the princes swiftly agreed and began to move towards the doors.

Eness watched in awe as her once stern, bold foster patron was now scurrying away like a frightened little mouse. The sight almost made her laugh aloud.

Now it remained only she, Lucien, and the other duke in the room.

She put her hand on her hip and cocked an eyebrow at him.

"Seriously? Roses?" She questioned.

Lucien grinned slightly before responding. "A mere gesture to symbolise our newly found truce."

"You didn't need to symbolise anything."

"I wanted to, and those roses really did remind me of you." He confessed, and grazed his fingers along the table.

Duke Saleos watched them, a silent observer as he took in the sight.

"What if someone finds out about your little present. It could spark unwanted rumors about us." Eness implored.