Escape!

On the top floor of a high-rise within New Domino, was the home of the number one Turbo Duelist in the world, Jack Atlas

The spiky blonde stared out his window towards the ocean. More specifically at the small sliver of land farther out, The Satellite.

Something the people of New Domino don't know is that Jack was born on that small island. However, Godwin pulled some strings to change Jack's history to make it so he was always a New Domino citizen that rose through the ranks of the Turbo Dueling Circuit and became the city's Champion.

Why Mr. Director did all this was something not even the former Satellite knows. But hey, it beats the old boring life he use to have.

Jack then looks down at the

Godwin: An amazing view, is it not?

The blonde heard the all too voice with the tap of footsteps behind him. The Director of Sector Security himself.

Jack: Well... almost perfect, if it weren't for that blasted Satellite ruining it.

Godwin: Come now, that was you're old home where your old friends live.

Jack: We used to be friends, but I no longer need them or that trash heep of a "home!" It's a wonder why you haven't demolished it yet.

Godwin: Even the low-class of society have their uses Jack. Satellite was built to provide them that purpose. We send them broken machinery and devices that can be repaired or recycled, then bring it back fresh and new for someone to use. Their labors are a nessesary sacrifice for true prosperity.

Jack: Then how am I any different?

Godwin: Because your were chosen by the stars. Fate has bestowed you a much grander destiny than anyone can hope for.

Jack: There he goes again with his superstitious nonsense.

This was something Jack had to put up with ever since coming to the city. Hearing the older man ramble about destiny and everyone's role in the world. Only tolerating it because he's the second most influential person in the city, the first being himself of course.