Chapter 24

In the exhibition hall, there was this cozy café with an artsy vibe, all soft couches and cool art on the walls.

I made sure to grab a table with just one couch, hoping we'd sit together.

"Check out this cute spot," I said, all innocent. "We can chill here and look at the photos and postcards we got."

"Great idea!" Bianca exclaimed, plopping down on the couch next to me.

"We're like Bonnie and Bonnie, no Clyde needed!"

"Yeah, Clyde was probably gay if you believe good old Wikipedia... I don't think he was into Bonnie."

"For real? No way! You learn something new every day. Take this magnet, I think I got two of the same."

"Thanks... I got you something too." I handed her an envelope with a set of postcards (totally matched the vibe of her fancy invitation). "Thought you'd like this style."

"Awwww! Are you reading my mind? I thought someone snagged this collection at the museum shop, turns out it was you. What am I thinking now? Go on, read my mind. What do I wanna order?" Bianca leaned back, teasing.

"Mmmm, let me open my third eye..." I started in this spooky psychic voice.

"Where's your third eye, on your forehead or..."

"Shhh, you're disrupting Madame Whiteriver's concentration, third-generation psychic here."

Bianca giggled, then stopped, looking at me with childlike wonder.

Come on, what drinks will Bianca offer at her cake day?

"Bianca Black, born eighteen years ago, wants a coconut milk latte and a classic cheesecake!"

"Whaaat!!!! No way!!! Get outta here, how did you guess? Where's that eye of yours?" She hugged me with one arm, the other brushing my bangs off my forehead. "There it is, beautiful hazel eye!"

"You ready to order?" the bored waiter interrupted our moment.

"Probably his name is Clyde," Bianca whispered in my ear, almost touching it with her lips.

"Two coconut milk lattes!" We said at the same time.

More chapters on my personal Patreon page

New updates:

The cover belongs to ©treepipit

No part of this publication may be reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording, or otherwise, without written permission of the publisher.
This is a work of fiction. Names, characters, places and incidents either are products of the author's imagination or are used fictitiously. Any resemblance to actual events or locales or persons, living or dead, is entirely coincidental.

All rights reserved
© treepipit 2019-2024