two

You all made it back to your place and Raph made a beeline to your first aid kit. You told him that it wasn’t necessary for him to worry as much as he was but he insisted. He cleaned the small nic on your neck and carefully (and adorable) placed a bandaid on the cut Leo left. 

After that you called up the nearest pizza restaurant and asked for four pizzas, two cheese and two pepperoni. You felt that those were universal enough flavors. You chatted with Raph and the occasional Leo pun before the door to your apartment dinged. 

“Pizza!!” All four of the boys chanted as you gave the poor driver a decent tip. 

You were going to sit by Raph and chat some more but a certain orange brother decided that he would be better company than his eldest brother.

“And then he was like bam! Bam! Bam!” Mikey punched his hand into his other, trying to act out a Lou jitsu movie. When he heard that you had no idea who he was it was on like donkey Kong.

“Yeah! He’s so awesome and he’s our dad so…” he took a bite out of his cheese pizza before fake crying. “This is beautiful! Just like a certain someone…” he made a weird face and you snorted and laughed like crazy. You couldn’t remember the last time you laughed like this. 

“You're so funny Mikey! Just how your brother described you.” Mikey looked over at you with a curious face. “He talked about me?” You shook your head. “All of you. He really loves you guys. He speaks so highly of you all, it was the sweetest thing I’ve ever heard.” Mikey’s eyes flicked to the ground and then back to you. “Can I tell you a secret?” You nod your head eagerly while also taking a bite out of your pizza. “Your my fourth human friend ever.” 

You almost choke on your pizza and stare at Mikey with wide eyes.

You were not expecting that to come out of his mouth. 

“Woah really? I would’ve thought you had like a million friends. You're funny, you're creative, and you feel so deeply! Like what's not to like.” Mikey’s face changed into a deep frown. You could already tell what he was going to say, but that didn’t mean you were going to like it. “This,” he gestured to his body with such hurt eyes it broke your heart. No one should ever, especially someone who’s barely made it to adulthood, feel like this. Your hand grazed his shoulder, which got his attention. “If someone judges you based on the fact that you're a mutant then they aren't worthy of being your friend in the first place.” You whisper to him. At least attempting to keep this conversation private even though his brothers were just a few steps over devouring pizza.

Mikey’s eyes prickles with tears. No one had ever said that to him before, sure his brothers try to comfort him but they are more of the ‘distraction until it goes away’ kind then dealing with it head on. He thanked you, a genuine smile replacing his deep frown that made him seem so much older than he was. Deep down, Mikey knew that you were going to fit in just fine. 

You spot a certain blue turtle pouting in the corner and take that as your sign to let the games begin. 

“Alright! Who wants to play 20 questions?” You say with a huge smile on your face. Everyone gathers in your living room, both Mikey and Raph excited but the twins…not so much. “I’m not sure if I’m comfortable with this.” Donnie spoke while his twin agreed. You thought for a moment before deciding that they could ask you twenty questions evenly divided among the four. So essentially, everyone gets to ask five questions. 

“Are there any limitations on what we can ask about?” The blue one asked his non existent eyebrow perked up. 

“How about this? If I’m too uncomfortable with answering a question I’ll say pass, you can ask a different question so you still get some info outta me.” You say as you make quotation marks with your fingers.