Volume 1 - Part 3

TRIGGER WARNING! BLOOD - PROCEED WITH CAUTION

✧✧✧

No one has treated him kindly since he was born. 

However, there was someone who said kind words to him even if they were sympathetic. 

She was one of the dozens of maids whose faces changed so frequently he couldn't even remember them. The revealed reason was that she was a competent nanny who raised several children of noble families.

However, in reality, she was called because there was no one to take care of the child who did not speak and had no expression on his face.

However, although the child did not speak, he had no problems reading and writing. It was clear that he was not an idiot, but the boy's expressionless face, along with his eyes, scared people even more. So, the palace maids had no choice but to take care of the child, but no one wanted to be in complete charge.

The people in the Queen's Palace was afraid of being run by a child as if it were a ghost story. In the end, instead of a palace maid, an outside nanny became the boy's exclusive maid. When she first arrived at the palace, the first thing she saw was the violence that the Queen showered on her son. What was even more surprising was the reaction of the people around her.

'Look into his eyes. That child is a demon. The Queen says that, although it is excessive, it is absolutely necessary.'

All the attendants in the Queen's Palace said this in unison. The nanny was confused, but after looking into the boy's eyes and being surprised, she thought that what they said might be true. It's something that no one around objects to and everyone takes it for granted, so it's probably not wrong.

The tutors who taught the boy and the person from The King's Heart who occasionally passed by did not say anything even though they saw the wounds on the boy's body. But even if everyone took it for granted, she couldn't help but feel sorry for the young boy. Even if the child was born as a demon, he was small and delicate.

His arms and legs were as thin as sticks, and his body, which was smaller than his peers, was covered with numerous scars and newly formed wounds. The nanny frowned at his body every time she changed his clothes. One day, after the Queen had raised her hand at the boy again, the nanny spoke kindly to him.

A child whose expression does not change and who does not scream no matter how much he is beaten nor how much blood he bled. But every time the Queen disappeared, he always hid under the bed. The nanny put her head under the bed, where it was hard to see him. The boy lay face down, with his back bent like a cat. 

'Is he sleeping?'

"Your Highness, I need to treat your wounds, could you please come out?"

The boy responded slowly, perhaps because of the friendly tone of voice that no one had spoken to him with before. His shoulders quivered then he lifted his head a little.

At this moment, the nanny trembled. Under the dark bed, the boy's snake-like yellow eyes shone like a beast. She felt like she knew why people fear and despise the child so much. Cold sweat ran down her back, but she continued to persuade him with a trembling voice.