Volume 1 - Part 5

In the mountains, the sun sets quickly and it gets colder. Melman feels that he has changed a lot when he comes here. Now that he is accustomed to the comfortable life in the capital, he feels uncomfortable in the countryside.

Maybe it's because his body has become heavier. Melman patted his fat belly and sighed. This place, which continued its history with one or two successors, had completely different standards for raising Regas than the King's Heart.

In the past, when the legend of the ancient royal family began, it is said that this place produced more Regas than any other place. They ended up like this because they stubbornly continued like they did back then. All the places where the Regas was grown and recognized by the country had disappeared, and only the King's Heart and this place remained.

It would be nice if we could take advantage of that and engage with reality a little. Melman shook his head and thought of his master who passed away a long time ago. Like his seniors and fellow disciples, he was stubborn. Unlike the King's Heart, which emphasized appearance to gain the king's favor and taught singing, dancing and speaking, here people learned about nature.

Melman came here as a child, but all he learned was how to identify plants, how to communicate with animals, and physical training. But what's the point of identifying plants and knowing medicinal herbs if you can't be a pharmacist?

Also, communicate with animals. It was a waste of time learning how to persuade the wild boar they found in the mountains when communicating with the human king was not enough. He had to do a ridiculous workout every day just to train his patience and stamina. Melman barely survived, but when the opportunity came to go to the royal palace before his master passed away, he went without hesitation.

The reason why his poor family sent Melman there was because they wanted him to go to the palace and not starve, and Melman wanted that too. The reason why he endured all kinds of hardships in the palace and did not hesitate to do cumbersome chores was because he was satisfied with the reality of being able to live well.

That's why he wasn't really interested in things like Regas, and what happened to the king was none of his business. It was enough if he could make a living like this. Whether the king is a demon or the incarnation of a dragon that appeared for the first time in hundreds of years has nothing to do with him.

Of course, he heard a brief reason why his master sent him to the palace, but he never thought about it in depth. However, it seems that the learning time that was considered useless is having an effect. When he see those ridiculous worries hanging over the old man, it bothers him.

"Huff, huff, Mr. Melman, you're here."

With the sound of running, Abel's large figure appeared from below. He was the only disciple Wedeul obtained after becoming a teacher here. Did he mention he's 20 years old now? However, with his rugged, sunburnt face and large size, he looked like a cruel bandit who could have killed four or five people.

However, although his first impression was harsh, he was actually a very innocent guy. In particular, his eyes were so clear that he wondered if that was purity. Perhaps Abel could be a person who fits well with the teaching here that character is most important. But only because it looks like that.

Melman remembered the Regas on the side of the king's heart that he had seen in the palace. They are more beautiful than women, and they have voices that are pleasant to listen to. They were beautiful people who were good at all kinds of flashy arts, and who even Melman would be attracted to. He must have that level of charm to be able to tame the king even if he inherits the dragon's nature. Not with this bandit like appearance.

"We have prepared a space for you in the office." 

"Who said I'm spending the night here?"

He said it bluntly, but as always, Abel smiled happily and responded.