Chapter 28: The Deal

The irritating sun rays pierced through the window, disturbing her peaceful slumber. With a groan, she pulled the pillow over her face, desperately trying to reclaim the elusive embrace of sleep.

But the sudden beep of her phone shattered the tranquility, and she reluctantly reached for the device.It was a message from Ved, the same unknown number that had been haunting her. The message was chilling: "Do you want your brother? Then meet me within 2 hours at xyz Cafe, or else you know...."

With a jerk, she sprang from the bed, the comforter cascading to the floor as she rushed to the bathroom. After a quick, refreshing shower, she emerged, donning a sleek black pencil dress, her hair tied in a high ponytail, and her black heels adding an air of confidence and allure.

As she was about to leave the room, her gaze fell upon Krithya, sleeping peacefully. "I'm sorry, but I have to go," she whispered, her heart heavy with the weight of the situation, and departed the mansion, hastening towards the designated café.

At the café, she waited anxiously, her heartbeat quickening with each passing minute. Finally, after three agonizing hours, Ved appeared at the entrance.

The moment she laid eyes on him, her temper flared, and within seconds, she was standing before him, her grip tight on his collar."Where is Karm, Ved? If a single scratch appears on his body, I'll burn you alive. Wherever I see you, Mr. Ved Mishra..." Her voice was clear and loud, her anger palpable.

"I've helped you so much until now, making myself small, and you're repaying me like this, Biwi... not good at all," Ved said, his tone laced with feigned hurt.

"So why didn't you agree to my deal to save your brother?" he continued, leaning closer and snaking his arm around her waist, only to be met with her unwavering grip on his collar.

"Don't you know how to behave in a public place? Hasn't your mother taught you any manners?" she spat, her disgust evident.

"It's okay, I'll forgive you today, but not always, Biwi..." Ved said, his voice dripping with false affection.

"You too are forgetting your manners in your worry for your little brother. By the way, I can free your brother, but you have to pay back all my shares and the deal," he continued, his tone calm and calculated.

"You know what? I keep everyone in my pocket. In fact, you got to know about him a little earlier," he boasted, his arrogance palpable.

"And there's only one condition, Biwi... that you have to settle everything," he added, his words laced with a chilling finality.

"So, you did all this purposefully? If you had asked me, I would have given you everything, Mr. Ved Mishra," she said, gritting her teeth in anger.

"For you, Oovi Agnihotri is another name for hatred, and for me, hatred is a small word compared to you," she yelled, her fury unleashed.

"Don't you think this is an achievement for me, the destruction and problems you'll face, as I've faced and been compelled to?" he told her, his voice dripping with malice.

"Now, you've made me compelled, but not weak, and this time, I won't give you up because of my helplessness," she declared, her resolve unwavering.

"Get out of your balloon of misunderstanding," she said, her eyes narrowed.

"You want to make me agree to this by targeting my brother, right?" she asked, her voice laced with determination.

"Then, I'm ready. I'll get my brother out at any cost. A sister can go to any length to save her brother," she stated, her words ringing with conviction.

"It's a deal..." she concluded, her gaze unwavering.

"Yeah! It's a deal, for making me down," Ved said, his tone dripping with triumph.

"But remember one thing, straight in your mind: Soon, you will pay for it, Mr. Ved Mishra," she warned, her eyes burning with a fierce determination.