Chapter 34

Oovi's POV,

The moment he exited the room, leaving me to ponder his words, 'Why did he say that? Was there something lacking information or was it a ploy to provoke me, or was there something I needed to know?' I sat on the couch in the balcony, lost in thought.

Suddenly, an intense pain gripped my stomach, rendering me unable to sit or stand. Clutching my abdomen tightly, the excruciating pain forced me to the lavatory. As I closed the door behind me, my body immediately dropped to the floor. I barely had the strength to move an inch, sweat trickling down, my forehead already damp, and fresh tears rolling down my pale cheeks, making my face even paler than yesterday's agony.

In the evening,
I had been vomiting in pain since noon, those terrible cramps making me wish for death. I rose from the bed, resting my head on a comforter, still sitting on the cold floor.

The pain was unbearable, more than normal. I hadn't eaten in two days, and the heavy blood oozing from my feet had caused me to lose more blood. Now, due to excessive bleeding, I was going through hell, and on top of that, I had a 102-degree fever. I would have slept the whole day, but today it was worse, feeling like someone was waging war inside my belly.

Slowly glancing at the clock hanging on the wall, I noticed it was already around 8:30 pm. "Ved can be home at any time soon, it's almost time, and I'm the luckiest person that he sent the servants on leave, and I haven't prepared dinner..." I reminded myself, turning my face to the other side and starting to sob due to the tension of preparing food and the cramps.

"He would definitely be angry knowing that I haven't made food and done nothing... He would be starving and can also make me starved... It's not my fault, though, as everything is going beyond my control."

'About our relationship, it's not something good, but neither too bad. We married in such a condition where there's no place for love, as our hearts are fully filled with revenge and hatred blessed by God in our fate. That's how we got bonded... so there's no hope that he can forgive me today, and karm is also in his cage...

There was just hatred that stops us from getting closer, but there will be no someday to have the presence of love in our life, like my hatred for him is selfless and pure, which I adore from the depth of my heart...'

Thinking this, my eyes closed, my grip around my abdomen loosened, and as I slowly thought, sleepiness took over my body, just as the pain slightly lessened and the little bit of comfort, suddenly the door burst open, making my eyes wide open in immediate access.

My eyes were wide awake but too weak to make any movement. I heard footsteps coming closer and closer to me, making my heartbeat reach its height. I closed my eyes tightly and was literally not in a state to hear or do anything for him or myself.

As he entered, he called out my name, "...Oovi?" with a slightly cold tone. I felt the bed sinking closer, then I realized he was sitting beside me where my head rested.

"Can I know the reason... why you are sitting on the floor?" he asked, leaning back on the bed with his arms supporting him from falling completely.

He waited for a while, letting me speak up, but he looked sharply at me as I didn't give him any attention before.
"...Oovi," he said, as if shouting would make me instantly sit straight. I looked down at my lap and bit my lower lip once, as I felt the pain arising again, making me want to throw up.

"What the heck is wrong with you? You were well in the morning, and why are you behaving so weird?" he asked, getting up from the bed and taking off his blazer, which he kept aside.

." I tried to say something, but all I felt was a burning sensation inside my stomach and stabbing pain in my ureter.
Frustrated with me, he hung his blazer in the closet. "Please serve something... I'm so hungry that the food they served at lunch was hell... as I'm used to the cook of this building, but he is on leave..." he told me, sharing his problem for the first time.

I just listened to him as he spoke, unbuttoning a few of his buttons. Somehow, he noticed me.
"Biwi... what's wrong with you? Are you sick? Have you been venting your anger on me until now?" I couldn't respond to him, but gathering all my courage, I said, "I-I haven't m. a. de the di. n. ne. r .......?"

"Why? But I hope you can make it now..." He was already dying of hunger, he said, and went to the restroom, slamming the door hard. I got up, holding my stomach even though it was hurting, and started taking steps outside while crying internally.

After a while, though I wasn't knowing much about cooking dishes, I made pyssam, unfortunately obliged to do so.
I carefully placed the plates on the table, making sure not to break anything because of the shivering. Certainly, I heard footsteps coming down the stairs. Turning around to face him, I stepped aside, not looking into his eyes.

"Biwi... have dinner with me. I hope you didn't mix any poison into it?" he said, patting the chair beside him.

Internally, I was literally screaming in pain, but somehow, I managed not to show it. "You know what, biwi... we can talk, right? Aren't you going to eat?" he asked.

"No... I don't have an appetite..." I said in a low tone, inhaling and exhaling deeply, hoping the pain would be over soon.
Somehow, his eyes went to my wide eyes and parted lips as he was just about to have pyssam in his mouth. "Biwi... are you okay? If not, how am I going to take revenge?" he asked, wiping his hands with a tissue paper and coming in front of me instantly.

I closed my eyes tightly, fisting hard to control my pain.
"Tell me something, dammit... I know you aren't dumb..." he yelled, and I was shaking in pain as dizziness was taking control over my body. He got closer. "Biwi, shhhhh... breathe calmly. Is it hurting in your feet?" he asked, watching my condition.

I wanted to tell him... I wanted to let him know, but I didn't, as I was already feeling my head spinning around and my whole body giving up. My eyelids started getting heavier, and I myself wanted someone to come and shoot me so that I wouldn't have to die like this. As I was about to fall down, suddenly a pair of arms wrapped around my body, pulling me close to hard chest, rubbing my back.