Chapter 12

The entire council was silent, for what felt like hours. "No more eggs," Moray whispered, "No more dragonets, no more challenges."
"Not necessarily, she could marry again," Whirlpool muttered. Moray shot him a glare, but Coral didn't hear either of them. "I must grieve, council dismissed," Coral said. Coral and Tsunami quickly flew down to the Deep Palace, to grieve. What am I supposed to do now? Anemone thought. Some time went by, someone then tapped on the top on the top of Anemone's head, Anemone lifted her head out of the water, it was Whirlpool. "Time for your lesson," The SeaWing said. "Now?" Anemone snarked. "It is never too soon to fill our minds with knowledge," Whirlpool said. This won't be fun. . . But maybe it will be distracting, Anemone thought. The two left the platform, and went down into the pool water below the Summer Palace, Whirlpool and Anemone flashed their scales a few times then swam back up. "Excellent!" Whirlpool said. "What's excellent?" Anemone asked. "We recited the first chapter of the queen's first work, the tragedy of Orca," Whirlpool said. "But. . . I didn't learn anything," Anemone said. "With repetition comes perfection, shall we continue?" Whirlpool asked. "No!" Anemone snapped. Anemone stared right at Whirlpool. "Teach me something I can use! How do I greet strangers? Or warn someone there's danger?" Anemone questioned, "For moon's sake, at least show me how to say, 'I don't speak aquatic!'"
Anemone then swam away from Whirlpool. "All knowledge can be found in the queen's writing," Whirlpool announced. "I have to get out of here," Anemone muttered. "I am not impressed with your work ethic!" Whirlpool called as Anemone went into the tunnel out of the island. Anemone swam out of the tunnel and went into a cave on a small island, Anemone noticed Pike poke his head, and as she turned her head he disappeared. "Wow, Pike, you are the worst at hiding, definitely never be a spy," Anemone snarked. Anemone noticed that there was another dragonet with Pike, he seemed a bit younger than them, it was a male SeaWing dragonet, he had dark blue horns and metallic sky-blue scales, there were several shades paler than Tsunami's, he had a pale underbelly and dark blue eyes that were nearly black, he was large, fully grown, and well-built, with sharp, hooked claws and a massive tail, claw scars along his underbelly, and slashes across his snout, he was quite handsome, with a friendly-looking face. "And who's this little guy?" Anemone asked, giving him a friendly smile. "Oh, um. ." Pike trailed off. The SeaWing dragonet was quiet for a bit, his tail was constantly twitching. ". . Riptide, my name is Riptide," He said. Anemone smiled at Riptide. "Come on in," She said. "What was Webs like?" Riptide asked. Anemone then glanced at Pike and gave him a look saying "why does he want to know?"
Pike sighed. "Sorry, I didn't tell you Riptide's entire story," Pike apologized, "This is Riptide, son of Webs."
Anemone's pupils dilated. Webs son? He has a SON?! Anemone thought, I can't stereotype him for what his father did, I should get to know him. Anemone immediately shook off Riptide beings Webs' son. "So, er. . . What's life like for new royalty?" Pike asked, shortly after Riptide fell asleep. "I just got the worst lesson in aquatic from Whirlpool," Anemone said. "Oh, Whirlpool, Queen Coral's favorite instrument of torture," Pike snickered. Within that moment, Riptide began to wake up. "Do you want a real aquatic lesson?" Riptide asked. Anemone gave Pike a questioning look. "Riptide is the Kingdom Of Sea's best aquatic speaker," Pike explained. "Oh, then I demand one," Anemone said. "Here's what you could say to Whirlpool next time to see him," Riptide observed. "Um, what did I call him?" Anemone asked. "Squid-brain!" Riptide announced. Riptide helped Anemone learn a few more words, why, how, when, hello, who, what, where, alright, I don't know, danger, and wing, after some time, Riptide went back down to the Summer Palace, and Pike took over, and Anemone began to get to know Pike. "But what you really need to know is this," Pike said. Pike then flashed scales on his legs. "What does that mean?" Anemone asked. "'I will protect you'," Pike said. "I don't need protecting!" Anemone snapped. "I know, but you'll probably need to say it to someone else one day," Pike said. Anemone smiled at Pike, the two began to actually become friends, she began to turn away, but then turned back to Pike. "Oh, by the way, what does this mean?" Anemone asked. She then flashed in the same exact pattern Shark flashed at the other SeaWing guards before entering the Summer Palace. "It means 'Not right now, we'll finish later'," Pike said. "Are you sure?" Anemone worried. "Why? Who- "Shark! To his guards when I stopped him from killing my friends!" Anemone yelled. Anemone then turned from Pike and flew out of the cave. "I have to get back!" Anemone yelled. "Be careful!" Pike worried. Anemone quickly dove into the flashing waves, swimming through the stone tunnel to the Summer Palace, when suddenly someone through seaweed in her face, and tackled her!