CHAPTER 20

Chapter 20

                    Dean’s pov

  We were ready and going through the gate when Hot-tool drove up, I went into a rage before he could say anything. “Tell Antoine to leave me alone.” I snapped at him as he came out of the car.

  He looked at me in surprise and sighed. “A when di two a uno start war? Anyway, uptown man dem just a try rob di mini-mart, suh him want yuh fi guh check off di things dem up dey. Dem a guh pack up dung a di bottom store, him gone see if can get aneda truck.” He asked, then told me clearly appalled by my swollen face.

  “Him sey fi mek yuh sister carry yuh and police up dey suh we a dung a di bottom mini-mart a wait fi help unload di truck dem.” he finished telling me while getting back into his car.

   His phone rings, and he answers it. “Yes mi reach.” He said. then listened. “Suh which part him dey?” He asked and paused, listening again. “Ah ah, a’right,” he said and moved the phone away from his ears.

“Dean, Antoine sey di supervisor a guh gi yuh a bag wid money, yuh must ask har a umuch and den yuh must meet Grung fi him house key, gi him di bag wid di money and tell him di amount. Den yuh come dung here fi di stock book dem and share out some food and carry fi him a di neda mini-mart.” Hot-tool informs me.

  It was a lot to take in, I thought. “So wey him dey?” Mummy asked.

  “Him dey dung a di next mini-mart wid some a di chappa dem a pack up the goods dem ina do store room a try mek space fi di goods from up a di next one. Mi affi guh back pon di turf suh duh wey uno a duh.” he answers, explaining.

  Cam waves, and he drives off. We packed what could hold in the car because I wasn’t planning on coming back here. I wanted to just go and do nothing for him, but my heart wouldn’t let me, so we ended up going up to the mini-mart. Surprisingly Ian’s van was parked at the back entrance waiting to be loaded.

  “Humn! Savior Jesus meek and mild.” Mummy uttered while we tried to find a parking space.

  My brain was ticking a mile a minute, and I spotted Ian talking to a woman who resembled the photo I had seen of his wife. “Cam find some way to get Ian’s van key, see him dey ova dey so.” I tell her pointing.

“Mi see him.” she sadly.

“Mummy, yah guh help mi direct di packing a di goods ina Ian van and Cam, you ago drive Ian van go dung a yard an’ pack in wha you an’ mummy can manage go a St. Thomas guh drop dem off and bring back him van.” I stated in a determination I didn’t know I possess.

  I got out of the car and headed straight for Ian. “Hello, you’re one of the drivers taking the goods?” I asked like I didn’t know him.

  His eyes bulged as he looked at me, and he stammmered. “Ye, yes.”

  “A’right, please back up yuh van to di exit door and leave it open suh it can get to load.” I told him and walked off.

  “Mi soon come.” He said to his companion, and I glanced over my shoulder to see him coming behind me as I walked to the back door of the mini-mart.

The supervisor was there supervising some cases of drinks to be packed near the door, we greeted each other with looking curiously at my face, and I asked her to get me a book and a pen. Ian reversed his van and parked it. He got out and opened up the back. Cam came around and snatched the keys from his hand. She said something to him, and he replied back to her. After a few back and forth talking between them, he nodded and walked off.