Chapter 1: Menacing shadow

The sunlight filtered through the tiny window of a large office, brightly illuminating the red hair of a young man screwed back to his chair in an uncomfortable position. His gaze showed intense concentration as he scanned the document before him with his perse eyes. When he was finished, he took another from one of his huge piles of papers, read it before putting it down, and so on. He would sometimes scribble on the documents, and write entire mails after reading them, not without difficulty. Between tasks, he would take a sip of tea as a break before getting back to work. Then, when his intense labour was finished, he stretched, sat back in his chair and breathed out a sigh of relief, victorious over these papers that had been piling up on his desk since the beginning of the morning.

He allowed himself a moment of respite longer than just a sip of beverage. He turned his gaze to the window, allowing his thoughts to wander from his new position as a Kazekage to someone dear to his heart. He could see her radiant smile, lighting up her violet eyes and her slightly rose skin tone. He could also visualize her blond hair cascading down her back, covering her forehead with a thick bang.

As he imagined this sweet vision, a smile blossomed on the young man's face as he supported his head with his arm leaning on his chair. He remained staring at the landscape through the window for several long minutes. Minutes during which his face gradually closed. His eyes took on a worried gleam and a sigh escaped his lips before his deep voice broke the silence:

- Yume... how things are going on your side?

Meanwhile, in the Leaf village, a young blonde girl dressed in a dark blue haori with butterfly patterns was running joyfully through the streets. She turned around before yelling:

- Wohoo! Temari! Shikamaru! Hurry up!

- Yeah, Yume, we're coming! And you don't have to go so fast!

- Raaaah! She can be so restless... So troublesome, she is worse than Naruto...

- Yeah we have to say that she's been in a good mood lately.

- And it's just because of Chôji's suggestion to go to the restaurant tonight... I can't imagine the whirlwind she is when her joy is intense then... Raaah! I'm exhausted just by thinking of it!

- Yeah it's true... Even though she gets on my nerves sometimes, it makes me feel good when I see her being so happy. It helps to switch off the brain when it's working too hard. But you can't understand, it's something you don't know how to do! You're too serious for that.

- Haha, so funny...

- Yohee! You two lovebirds! Walk a bit faster, will ya?

- Yes, we're arriving Yuyu!

- And don't call us "lovebirds" please...

- Roooh! If we can't laugh...

Temari and Shikamaru joined the Amai, but she suddenly stopped. The two eldest, seeing her stop, turned their heads towards her.

- Well then, what's wrong?

The Amai just pointed to something and when the others two saw it, they too were both surprised. In front of them were two people walking in the opposite direction to her. A pink-haired girl and a blond-haired boy, towards whom Yume started to run.

- NARUTOOOOOOO!!!!!!

The called one startled and when he saw the young girl coming towards him, a smile lit up his face.

- BUTTERBOOO!!!

- POYAAAA!!!!!

The two blonds hugged each other, yelling like two old friends that hadn't seen each other for ages. They started talking in poya, causing the others to react.