CHAPTER 1

You had just finished your shift for the day as a café worker, bag over your shoulder as you exited the café you worked at, the mushroom wind-chimes ringing as younopen the door. "Bye Katherine!" You shout while waving goodbye to your friend who took extra shifts. "Byee y/n!"

You walked along the semi-crowded afternoon streets of New Orleans, Louisiana as you walked to your apartment building. The smell of fresh beignets was mixed in the air, you debated buying one or two for breakfast. The quiet shifting of the crowd snapped you out of your thoughts.

"Sorry!"

"Excuse me!"

"Coming through!"

You heard a male voice yelling through the crowd, was it familar? You thought, getting lost trying to pull out a memory you didn't even know if it was real or not. You hear clumsy footstep before a person bumped into you.

You yelp in surprise as the person tumbled down while you only tumbled forward a little. You groan softly, opening your eyes as you looked at the stranger. He was a young man, with brown hair, tawny brown skin, dark brown eyes and round glasses which had flown away.

" oh uhm-" you stammered, picking up the glasses before offering him a hand. He accepted gingerly as you helped him up. "Are you deaf?" He snapped which took you by surprise. "Excuse me?" You asked, a little in shock as he snatched his glasses from your hands. "I literally shouted coming through" he grunt, dusting himself as he picked up his bag

"Hey some of us are just strolling back home okay?" You scowl, regretting that you had helped him up. He snorted, preparing to leave. "Proves my point your deaf" he said before walking away which turned into a dash.

Jerk. You thought as a few flashes of white floated down towards your feet, you glance down to see a few papers on your feet. You reached down to grab them briefly checking through them to see that they're scripts, that's when it hit you.

The guy was a radio broadcaster, a new one infact, you had heard his broadcasts a few times on the radio in the café you worked in. Oooooh, if I decide to not return them he's gonna be absolutely cooked. You thought semi-smugly as another thought shoved it's way into your already cramped mind. But that would be mean. Argued a part of your brain. But he already is mean!

You mentally groaned at the war your brain was currently at, you stood there for a good 2 seconds before sighing and beginning to run the way you saw the man dash away. It didn't take you that long to find the man.

"Hey- wait up!" You yell as he turned around, his expression a mask of confusion which formed into one of deeper confusion with a slight hint of annoyance. "You again?" He asked as you frowned at the hint of annoyance in his voice. "You dropped these" you said, shoving the papers into his face. He blinked in shock and confusion for a good 4 seconds before taking the papers and looking through them, his eyes went wide

"These are some of my scripts" he uttered to himself, absolutely dumbfounded before shifting his dark brown eyes on you. "T-thank..you" he stammered, looking like he regretted snapping at you early. "Yeah yeah whatever, your welcome I guess" you grunt, turning away to walk away.

"Hey wait-! What's..your name...?" He asked awkwardly as you stiffled a slight frown, "y/n" you say plainly. "And what's yours?" You asked, feeling polite enough to ask that. "Alastor!" He said, flashing you a smile as he adjusted his glasses. "Pleasure to meet you!" Alastor added semi-awkwardly as you shot him a soft, rueful smile.

(Ugh I'm getting tried of writing 'you' again and again 🫡)

You and alastor just stood there for abit awkwardly. You glance around before blurting, "Anyway uhm, I gotta go back home" before speeding away towards the direction you saw was closest to your apartment building.

Alastor watched your figure sped away before he also remembered why he was running in the first place. "Crap!" He muttered, beginning to run again towards his home "aarrughh, ma is gonna kill me...." alastor groaned, finally arriving to his house.

He awkwardly opened the door yelling a, "I'm home!" Before his mother came to greet him. "Alastor, you are late again!" His mother scolded, whacking him softly with a wooden spoon on his head. "Sorry ma.." alastor said, cracking a soft smile at the whack. "Now I'm dying to know where you've been" his mother said, crossing her arms. "Well uhm..." alastor trailed off before continuing. "I kinda bumped into someo-"

"Did you apologize?" His mother cut him off sharply, narrowing her eyes. "Y-yes! Of course I did!" Alastor quickly blurt out. Well..no, his mind said. Alastors mother simply nodded her head. "Okay now dinners ready so come join me" She said before walking into the dining area.

The chapter mighttt be a Lil short but it's fine right? This is just the starting anyway. Word count: 869

And here's your meme