CHAPTER 5

It had been at least a week since you and Alastor had that call and you two have been talking ever since, currently you are on a call with him.

"Oh yeah, my moms awake now and she wants to talk to you!"

huh.

Before you Alastor could give you more context, you heard him yelp something along the lines of, "Wai- Momm- Mom wait!" that were the only words you could make out before you heard a female voice from the other side of the phone. "Hello dearie!" You assumed she was Alastor's mother. "uh..hi!" You said awkwardly. "oh its great to finally talk to you! I've been wanting to but my baby boy Alastor kept on saying, 'momma! I barely even know her!' and things like that!" You stiffled a laugh as you heard Alastor shriek a "MOTHER! QUIT EMBARRASING ME." From the other line.

You hear Alastor's mother laugh, "anyways, I heard your name is y/n, correct?" She asked. "yes ma'am" You repiled as she let out a low chuckle. "no, no! Just call me Abigail" She said in a dismissive tone. "and you have a beautiful name dearie!" You also let out a semi-embarrassed laugh. "thank you..Abigail" You finished awkwardly, after that it was just silence. shit did I say something wrong? You thought anxiously, you opened your mouth to speak but Alastor's voice came on the line. "ah, sorry y/n my mother had to go for her checkup" He said apologetically

"Oh its fine" I said dismissively. "And anyways I don't have anything to do besides talk to you." You groaned as Alastor chuckled in response. "You could stop by the hospital, I'm sure my momm- mother would be delightful to meet you in person!" He offered.

"What were you gonna say?" You asked, notcing that he changed what he was gonna say.

"Pardon?"

"You said something like, 'my momm' before swapping to mother" you stated out. "So what were you gonna say-"

"Nothing important" alastor said quickly which made you even more curious. "Just know that I'm not stopping until you tell me" you heard a defeated sigh followed by thr sheepish voice of alastor, "I actually call my mother..er.." he trailed off before continuing. "Momma." He finished awkwardly as you stiffled a giggle.

"And that's why I don't use it infront of other people" alastor sighed. "So are you gonna come visit?" He inquired. "probably- I'll try uhm..stop by 4" you said after a while of thinking. "Alright sounds good, see you for now"

"See ya" you said before the line cut you sighed, placing the speaking cord into the socket before flopping onto the couch as you burried your face into the armrest. Your cat promptly sat on your back, flopping down on as if imitating you. "Hi Dandelion" You greeted your cat with a smile, turning yourself over to pet your cat which let out a loud meow of protest at your sudden turn.

At least i have something to do now. You glanced over to the grandfather clock which belonged to your late grandfather funny enough, 2:47. Huh, i wonder why grandfather clocks stopped getting made. You got off the couch, making your way towards your family photos which were held over the arch of the extinguished fireplace.

You gazed at the photos, trailing your hand over one which was your full family photo, including grandparents, parents, aunts, uncles etc. Your thumb rested on yourself, 6 year old self. You picked up a cloth from the corner of the table before beginning to wipe the glasses of the photos.

It had been a good while before the loud 'dong' of the grandfather clock made you jump. "Geez..." you grumbled out loud, leaving the cloth back before you began to make your way to the staircase and to your room.

(Lets just make this thing your house but not old and rusty)

. . . . .

you snatched your bag from the coat hanger near your door before exiting your house. (just imagine your own clothes im too lazy) You began to walk to the hostpital, which didnt take at all long. You walked towards the receptionist desk. "Im here to visit someone" You stated as the woman nodded. "alright ma'am, enjoy your visit." You thanked the woman before cringing. erugh, its so weird when people call me ma'am or miss. You continued walking through the hostpital halls before you reached the one with the number plate Alastor had told you.

You knocked on the door when you heard a, 'come in!'. You entered the room semi-sleepishly. "Oh y/n you came!" Alastor greeted you with a charming smile. "hey al" You said while returning the smile. "and im guessing this is y/n?" You heard a voice behind alastor, your eyes shift towards Abigail, alastor's mother. "uh..yes it is" You said awkwardly, keeping your head low as a low chuckle escaped abigail's lips.

"No need to be shy dearie" She said gently as you lifted your eyes up from the floor.  "ah..alright.." You said nervously as you let out a rueful, nervous laugh causing alastor to chuckle. You shot him a frown before he held his hands up with a grin. "Now you two are just adorable!" Abigail cooed, placing a hand on one side of her face.

"we're just friends!" You and alastor shouted at the same time, your face was just surprised while alastor's had a light tint of pink which you didnt notice. Abigail let out an amused nosie with a satisfied look. You let out a sigh while alastor just looked at the floor embarrassed. "I mean you two do have each other's numbers" Abigail pointed out.

"MOM!"

Time flew by quickly, by now it was probably around late 5. "Alastor, dear. You should go back home now" His mother suggested, taking a sip of tea. Alastor glanced down. "I..dont feel like it..its just weird without you" He admited. "Oh you could come stay over at my house, its just me and my cat anyways" You offered, Alastor glanced at you. "you sure? Its fine if not" He said. "no, no, its really fine. Theres a spare room" Alastor nodded gratefully with a smile. "thank you y/n" He thanked as Abigail smugly watched from behind while sipping her tea. "Make sure you two visit me tomorrow" She hummed, watching you and alastor exit together.

"of course!"

You and alastor said in unsion before shutting the door behind yourselves. "ill be damned if they dont get together" Abigail muttered peacefully.

You and alastor had just exited the building and were walking towards your house which was about a 6 minute walk. "its nice having you to walk with" You suddenly said out of the blue, causing alastor to turn his head towards you curiously. "and whys that?" He asked causing you to shiver slightly at the memory. "oh nothing..just that the er..murder few days back ya know?" You muttered. A shard of guilt stabbed alastor. "oh..yeah likewise..."

You two just continued walking, making small-talk along the way before you reached your house. You reached into your pocket to unlock your door. "damn...thats a big house you got there.." alastor blurted out, staring around your house causing you to chuckle. "its past down by family member to member..." You trailed off, your eyes glancing towards the array of photos you had on a wall. "you okay-"

"Yup! Anyways the spare room is over there" You said, beckoning him to follow you as you unlocked the spare room as well. "i cant thank you enough y/n" Alastor muttered with a shy smile causing you to return it. "Its what friends do" You said when alastor yelped in surprise, causing you to jump. "you have a cat?" He blurted out after realizing what touched his leg. "yep...should've told you in advance." You chuckled awkwardly as you bent down to pick up your cat which nuzzled your palm. "anyways, i gotta check if she finished all the food, get comfy, make yourself at home. Theres plently of blankets and pillows in the bottom left cabin space in the cabin" 

Alastor nodded, attempting to pet your cat which surprisingly let him. "whats its name?" He asked with a soft smile and tired eyes. He must be tired. You thought. And thats kinda ho- You shoved that thought away immediately. You two had eaten dinner at the hospital so you didnt bother asking him if he was hungry. "anyways ill be upstairs if you need me!" You said as you nodded. "again, than-"

"oh shush" You said, placing a finger on alastor's lips. He blinked in confusion for a spilt second. "m-my bad" He said with a apolagetic tone. "anyways night" You said before heading off into the kitchen while holding your cat. Alastor watched you walk away. Huh, what's this weird feeling in my chest? He brushed it off quickly before entering the spare room

IM SO SO SORRY FOR THE LATE UPDATE IT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE OUT 2 DAYS EARLIER BUT I GOT BUSY AAAAHHHHH- AND THIS WAS ABIT OF A RUSH AND I DIDNT DOUBLE CHECK THIS STUFF SO BEWARE FOR SPELLING ERRORS OR SMTH..

anyways first romantic thought from alastor? :0

and then theres Abigail his mother.

No meme for today sadly -pensive emoji-

OH YEAH I EDITED IT ABIT BTW. (may. 30)

word count: 1586