CHAPTER 4

"Katherine" you sigh, turning to your friend. "Say that when you and Sebastien get together" you mused, sending her a smirk and to your satisfaction, she frowned. " I heard my name! Someone called?" Sebastien piped up from somewhere. "Nope nothing!' You shout before Katherine could say anything.

"So anyways, I kinda wanna tell you something but I also don't wanna" you said out of the blue. "What is it?" Katherine asked, popping her head out of the window thing in the kitchen.

I gave her a hard stare. "Promise you won't say something like 'when will you two get together?!' Okay?" Katherine returned the stare. "Lips sealed," she said smoothly, making a zipping her mouth gesture.

Well, you definitely did not fully trust her but eh. You inhaled sharply. "So you know 2 days earlier when it was raining the Atlantic ocean?" You said brisky as your friend nodded.
"So I went to the local payphone and then I waited on a bench then Alastor decided to pop up" you explained as you went through the events of the 2 days prior.

Katherine's jaw was literally on the floor when you finished. "I have no idea how you managed to pull that radio dude" Katherine muttered as you shot her a glare. Katherine held up her hands up. "Geez alright" she muttered with a smile.

"Oh yeah I forgot to tell you" You glanced at Katherine. "Me and Sebastien are datin-"

"WHAT"

Katherine flinched back in surprise as you stared at her with wide eyes. She shrugged. "Tell. Me. Everything. RIGHT NOW"

-( Alastor's POV)-

I sat by my mother's hospital bed, I held her hand while occasionally rubbing it softly. A bag of half-eaten fritters lay on the bedside table. I let out a sigh, turning my eyes to the heart monitor. It has been at least 2 days my mother's been in a coma. I glanced outside the window, the was already the afternoon. Well, time sure does fly by.

I let my thoughts wander as I wiped dry tears away from my eyes, the surrounding area somewhat puffy due to sobbing. I took off my glasses, rubbing them with the rim of my shirt since they were blurry. I placed them back on before my thoughts trailed over to y/n. Oh yeah she gave me her number. I finally remembered that, I leaned back in my chair, still holding my mother's hand. Should I call her?
I reached into my pocket, pulling out the note y/n gave me.

𝓗𝓮𝔂𝓪 𝓐𝓵! 𝓗𝓸𝓹𝓮 𝔂𝓸𝓾𝓻 𝓶𝓸𝓶 𝓰𝓮𝓽𝓼 𝓫𝓮𝓽𝓽𝓮𝓻 :)𝓗𝓮𝓻𝓮'𝓼 𝓶𝔂 𝓷𝓾𝓶𝓫𝓮𝓻 𝓲𝓯 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓷𝓮𝓮𝓭 𝓪 𝓼𝓱𝓸𝓾𝓵𝓭𝓮𝓻 𝓽𝓸 𝓵𝓮𝓪𝓷 𝓸𝓷!_____________

I pondered for a while, kicking my feet back and forth for a bit before hesitating. Would momma be okay without me? I thought nervously, fiddling with the edge piece of my shirt.
I notice a nurse walk in with a tray of food before settling it on a desk of another patient. I beckoned her over, "do you need anything, sir?" She asked politely. "I just wanted to ask if you had a telephone nearby" I said before the nurse replied. "Yes we have one at the reception desk, would you like me to fetch it for you?" I nod, "yes please"

I watch as the nurse left the room before shortly returning, a phone in hand. 

"Thank you" I said, taking the candlestick phone from the nurse. She simply nodded before exiting the room. I read the note once again, rolling in the numbers before calling.

-( Your POV)-

RING

RING

RING

You grumpily made your way to the ringing. "Oh come on I just came home" You grunt under your breath as you reach for your phone, yanking the speaking cord thingy off (I have no idea what you call it)  "Hello y/n speakinngggg" You semi-yelled into the phone. "gosh- y/n?" You nearly dropped the speaking cord on the floor when you heard Alastor's voice. "hu- oh hi al!" You greeted, leaning onto the desk you had placed the phone on. "hi y/n, I was just calling since I had nothing else to do" He said. "relatable- anyways if you don't mind me asking, hows your mom? Is she okay?"

Silence. oh crap. I thought, "Never mind, never mind." I said hastily with a nervous chuckle. "oh no it's fine" I hear Alastor reply. "she's..in a coma." He said straightforwardly with a defeated sigh. I let out a small gasp of surprise. "Oh I hope she gets better" I said as I heard him grunt a reply over the phone. "so uhm..hows work?" You hear Alastor blurt out randomly. "oh good, good." You hummed. "our cafe is getting quite popular"

You two chatted for the whole after noon and evening before Alastor had to give the phone back to the receptionist's desk.  You placed the phone cord back into its slot before glancing at the clock above your head, 7:18, it read. You sigh before walking into the kitchen when you feel something furry rub against your leg. "Hi baby!" You cooed, picking your cat up. It pawed at your face as you grabbed a tin of cat food from one of the upper cabinets. You cracked it open with a knife since you lost your tin cracker.

Your cat jumped down from your arms, sitting beside her food bowl while meowing. "okay okay" You teased, dumping the cat food in her bowl as she promptly began to eat it. You stretched, am I hungry? nah. You walk back to the living room as you plopped yourself down on one of your chairs. You glanced around your empty house which was passed down generation by generation. You currently lived alone- well not really. You had a cat and possibly one more if the local stray cat kept coming to your house.

eerrruggh, sorry for the late update, school opened and I have no motivation plus I used to write on a tablet and that was hella hard. But I managed to log in on my computer so possibly faster updates?

alsooo, name suggestions for yalls cat? Shes a female snowshoe but yall can change it if you want. tysm for all the reads btw! Really appreciate it :)

word count: 1070

yall think a computer will stop me from memes? ofc not REHEHEHEHWHHEHBFBEH