I fell off the Arch?

The Elavator stops, and the door opens.

We have to walk up some stairs, and Grover helps me up.

When we reach the top, I am already out of breath.

We see the students on the field trip.

Annabeth pulls the fire alarm, and the teacher starts bringing the students to the other emergency exit.

"Guys, go with them," Annabeth says.

"What!? We can't just leave you,"

Annabeth leads us back to the emergency exit.

I don't want Annabeth to sacrifice herself, so I try to make up a quick plan.

I come up with a plan.

I go to shake Annabeths hand as a kind gesture, the I use all my strength to pull up the stairs and shove her in the stairs.

I pull out my hand for a handshake.

Annabeth gives me a handshake.

As she is giving me a handshake, I quickly pull myself up and shove her into the emergency exit.

I slam the door, the cannot open the door from that side.

"Y/n!" Annabeth says in a worried tone, "y/n open up!"

"Y/n," Grover says in a worried tone.

"I- I knew I wouldn't make it to Hades," I start to say, "Once the quest is complete, can you say I said hi to my stepmother."

"Y/n!" Percy says, banging on the door.

I am probably not in fighting condition. Plus, now Echidna and her Chimera are walking my way.

I have no weapon. I do not have a dagger or a riptide.

Suddenly, Echidna and the Chimera stop in their tracks as there is a glowing thing right in front of me.

It was a decorated belt..

I was confused at first, but then I remembered.

Aphrodite had a decorated belt that had a charm of love, but I'd assume that this didn't have a love charm.

And it did not have a love charm, at least not on Chimeras..

I went to attack the Chimera, and I hit it in the leg with the belt really hard.

I'll admit, I did pretty good for having poison running through my veins.

I am unable to stand anymore.

I am sitting probably like 15 feet from the Chimera, waiting for attack.. I mean.. what else can I do?

The Chimera gets angry and starts setting fire near me.

I have to roll to where the Chimeras fire can't reach me.

When the fire is done, I have to hope the others are still there.

I started to crawl toward the emergency exit that I walked in through, but the one part of the ground I needed to get there was blocked. Suddenly, I couldn't get  through because the ground broke in a circle shape.

I could see the grass from very far away.

I was probably over 100 feet high in the air if I fell.. I was dead.. if I didn't fall.. I am killed by a chimera.

Instead of me being in a 'life or death situation,' I'd say it is more of a, 'death or death situation.'

I look toward Echidna and the Chimera.

Then the Chimeras' other leg makes me go tumbling down the hole.

I luckily grabbed a piece of metal that was there.

I was holding onto it for dear life.

Echidna and the Chimera look down on me as if I am a bug they came across.

"Oh poor dear, no one to save you," Echidna says, sounding like she is mocking sadness and worry.

I started to think about how worried the others must be.. I now felt guilty.

My arms were starting to get really tired.

One of my arms fell.

I was now being held by 4 fingers.

It was not fun. My whole body was in pain.

Either from the poison or that my whole body was being lifted by one hand, and I couldn't hang on much longer.

My fingers were starting to lose grip.

I ended up falling.

Echidna didn't even seem fazed.

I was falling. All I could hear was the wind.

I was going to die. No matter what, there was no water to fall into.

Suddenly, I see a portion of the water going to grab me.

Next thing I know, I am underwater, and my foot is stuck.

I struggle to hold my breath and try to get my foot out.

A creature looking thing forms.

"Don't be scared, daughter of Poseidon, your father has saved come to save you," it said.

I stopped struggling.

"It's okay, just breathe," It said.

"Just breathe."

I take a deep breath.

***

Word count: 805

My next chapter might not come for a little while since this week is very busy, and in this chapter their may be mistakes, and I apologize for that. I tried to write this a bit quick.

Published: May 6, 2024
Edited: June 3, 2024