Tunnel of love

Once we made it to the restaurant, we saw Ares already at a table with food.

We go over to the table and sit down, me luckily having to sit across from him.

We made sure we had enough room on the opposite end of Ares, so we didn't have to sit next to him.

Ares is on his phone, talking about some Twitter war.

Man, he always loved wars, even if it's on a phone.

"So what's this deal thing you were saying?" Annaneth asks to get Ares's attention.

Ares put down his phone.

"So what's this deal?" Annabeth says in a rushed tone.

"You guys are trying to find the masterbolt, correct?"

I Answer, "Yeah?"

"So, I'm not actually here to help you, I'm just preparing for war."

'Of course, he is not going to help us stop the war. He loves war,' I thought.

"Ever since my father ate my brother's, the Trojan War, P.s. your mom sucks," Ares starts, he says to the last part while staring right at Annabeth.

"Okay! We get it, you like war, what are you asking us to do?" Annabeth says angrily.

"Fine!" He says and slams the table, "I need to go to Waterland and get my shield for me, I left it their last time I went."

"Why'd you lose it? Don't you always have it handy?" Percy says.

"I lost it. All you need to know is that the waterline is just a few miles up the road, but only 3 can go."

"I'll stay," Grover says.

"What? Grover, no, we aren't leaving anyone," Percy says.

"It's fine, I can stay," Grover says.

Percy looked ready to argue about it until I said,"We don't have time to argue, Grover, you can stay here, us three can go."

"Okay, so what do we need to do?" Annabeth asks Ares.

"When you get to Waterland, you need to find the ride called 'Tunnel of Love' but, only two people can go on the ride, one person has to keep guard, they're some not good people who will lurk around," Ares says.

*when we get to Waterland*

We walked toward the gate, and above had a huge sign that said, "Waterworld,"

"This place feels like one of those scary movies where they enter the eerie place, then something bad happends, ya know," Percy says.

"I never watched a scary movie,"  I say.

"I've never seen any kind of movie," Annabeth says.

The gates start to open, and we enter the gates.

"Wait, how are we supposed to get past when that is supposed to let us in? This seems to feel more and more like a trap," I say, I see things that you are supposed to enter in, but they look like murder weapons, yes, I watch a lot of true crime.

"Who wants to go first?" Percy asks.

"I'll go," Annabeth says and walks in one of them and quickly exits the other way.

"I'll go in this one. You go in that one," I say.

I go in one, and Percy goes in another one.

I hear a ringing, clinging sound from above me.

I look up to see that it is not the one I am in. It's the one Percy is in.

"Y/n hop out of that one," Annabeth says, keeping eyes on Percy's cell.