Seven

"Honey, I'm going out for dinner and drinks with some friends. Your brother is in charge, so try and behave yourself, okay?" my mom says, stumbling down the stairs as she stares at her reflection in a compact, and adds another coat of—i squint at the gold lettering on the cover in her hand—Red Seduction lipstick to her already crimson lips.

I slip my phone nervously between the cushions, look up at her and smile, and thank God, she does not notice.

"I don't know what you mean. I never bother Jake," I say, and she gives me a look.

"There was popcorn literally everywhere from what, if I had to guess, was another cat fight between you and your brother, when I walked in less than two hours ago," she says.

"Ugh, fine. You look nice. Does your husband know?" I ask, trying to change the topic. I don't want to get into specifics with her about what happened.

Also, I keep talking, and yet I need her out of here as soon as possible. I just swiped right on a guy two miles away, and she's the only thing standing between me and finally getting rid of this urge to be fucked all the damn time.

"Dad, Danny. Dad. And, he's busy with work. I'm not going to bother him with every little detail of my life," she says as she throws the lipstick and compact into her purse.

"It's work until you have little step children running around your house and aging you while you drown your sorrows in alcohol," I say in a sing song voice, and she frowns at me.

"Sweetheart, he's your father. Please respect him, and have a bit of trust in him," she says, kisses my forehead and finally walks out the front door.

"Bastard!" I say through my teeth as I pick up my phone and check Grindr, to find that my date has declined. I'm not in the mood anymore, and now I have the whole house to myself, so of course my first instinct is to text Valerie.

D: Mom's out late. Come over?
V: Kinda busy rn :( will see?
D: Home alone, emergency!!!!!!
V: be right over, you owe me. Again.

"We really need to work on getting you other friends that are not me," Valerie says when she finally gets here and I open the door.

I hold the two CDs infront of her.

"365 days or Fifty shades?" I ask, totally ignoring her because there is no way that was happening. I would rather digest my own stomach than make new friends.

"I'm serious, Danny. And, I have so many questions about the movies, starting with who the hell even uses CDs anymore?" she says, and I stick my tongue out at her.

"I have other friends...like Luca from next door, or Justin from history class. We just don't hang out."

Both of them are names I just made up...I don't even offer History anymore, but she does not know that. I want to say it, but I feel like the girl and gay best friend joke has run it's course.

"Can't we watch Transformers or Harry Potter or something? Anything... literally anything except that literal porn?" she begs, but I don't cave. I push the 365 Days disc into the drive of my laptop.

As I go downstairs to grab the snacks and more soda for my mini fridge, Jake walks in, already in a state of undress with a girl, kissing her like their lives depend on it, and we lock eyes for a second before he lifts her, wraps her legs around his waist and kisses her all the way upstairs. I'm so already over high school.

I grab our snacks and drinks, go back to my room and set up the movie. We will be lucky if we can hear anything over how loud the girl is as Jake eats her pussy.

"Excellent choice of movies, don't you agree? We get to experience the sounds in 3-D," I say to Val, and she giggles.

"Is she okay? I mean she legitimately sounds like she needs someone to help her," Valerie asks, already half standing up.

Jake and his little girlfriend are fucking in his room down the hall, but we might as well just be right there with them, because of how loud they're being. Does it take so little convincing nowadays?

I grab Val's hand and pull her back down onto her beanbag. We try to ignore them through the movie, but it is damn near impossible.

"Oh shoot, I have to make curfew," Val says as soon as the first movie finally ends, and I frown.

"You don't have a curfew," I point out as she pulls on her jacket.

"I know. I just really, really need to get out of here," she says, her eyes wide with desperation, and I nod.

"I'll walk you," I say, and stand up from the beanbag on the floor. I also need to get the hell out of here.

I use the long route through the park to go back home after I drop off Val. I need some time to me and my thoughts. Why does the fact that Jake is hooking up bother me, and not even in the trivial just ruined my movie way?

Why did a tiny part of me want to be that girl in a bikini top,mini skirt and stripper heels?

Could it, once again come down to just being horny? Would I get it out of my system if I just got fucked?

"FUCK!" I whisper yell, as I stub my toe against a rock. Oh yes, fuck indeed. This is going to be a long summer.

Hello Friday, and happy new month to you, friends!💛