Chapter 8: Debut of Jackal (Sapotis)

Zane POV

It's been a week ever since Marinette's outburst. All of our classmates have started to distance themselves from her, except Alya. Marinette hasn't even came up to me to apologize for what she said to me, not that she even cares.

And to no one's surprise, she's still stalking Adrien.

As for the Miraculous Column, it slowly started to gain more popularity, causing the Ladyblog to become the most hated websites. No doubt Alya was seriously ticked off because of it.

At night, I went out on patrol alone since the others were busy. After a quick patrol around Paris, stopping a few thieves, I was about to head home until I saw red, tiny monsters frolicking the streets and causing chaos.

"Another weird adventure for us. Great." I commented sarcastically.

Suddenly, I got a call from Stinger.

"Phantom! We have a problem!" 

"Yeah, I'm looking at it right now. Are Cat Noir and Tigress with you?"

"Yeah. Along with Ladybug.Come to Le Grande Paris hotel." She said.

"Got it." I hung up and made my way to Le Grande Paris.

As I landed on the roof of the hotel, I took a look around and saw the team. Ladybug gave me a quick run down of the situation, Alya's twin sisters got akumatized after getting scolded by her and now they're causing chaos around the city.

"Are you sure you didn't cause this?" I asked, crossing my arms.

"What?!" Ladybug looks offended, "No! Why do you ask that?!"

"Does the name Kitsune, Prime Queen and Dark Owl not ring any bells?" I raised an eyebrow.

Ladybug growled like a rabid dog before continuing.

"Anyway, these Sapotis multiply every time they eat. To get to the akuma, we'll have to destroy the original one, the very first one Hawk Moth akumatized."

"Hard to tell who's who. They look the same." Tigress sighed.

"That's when the Lucky Charm comes in." Ladybug showed us a teapot. "But, I don't know what to do with it."

Chat Noir glances at it, his eyes widening at the familiarity of it, "I know what to do. Stinger, can you, Phantom and Tigress take care of these Sapotis while Ladybug recharges?"

"I'll manage. But, why do you ask?" Stinger asked.

"I know someone who can help us, but I have to leave."

"What!?" Ladybug shouted in outrage.

"Go ahead, Noir. We'll handle this." I told him as I brought out my whip while Tigress twirled her staff.

"Thanks, guys. I won't be long."

As Cat Noir leaves, Ladybug goes to recharge while Stinger, Tigress and I dealt with the Sapotis.

Ryder POV

Several Sapoti clones hang onto the poles of a spinning carousel as I ran over.

"Damn it, Adrien. Why did you have to turn tail when the akuma showed up?" I groaned in dismay as I tried to grab the clones.

Suddenly, Cat Noir lands in front of me using his staff to stop the carousel before throwing it to knock the hats off the clones and make them disappear.

"Cat Noir? Thank God you're here. Those things just keep multiplying as they eat. My friend Adrien went to go and get help, but I'm worried about him."