Chapter 11: Drowning Out Secrets (Syren)

No One POV

In one of the buildings, they ran across was the Swimming Pool, where Kim, wearing a red and black speedo, a blue swim cap, and a blue bracelet on his left wrist, and Ondine, the swimmer that Marinette and Alya had met. The swimming coach had ordered them out of the pool.

"I'm sure they'll get the animals back in the zoo super fast." The coach said.

"Right, sir. They are the best! Wish I could be a superhero. The powers. The secrets. The costume. That would be awesome, right?" Kim replied.

"Yeah, sure." Ondine laughed.

"How can I become one? You think there's some kind of superhero school, or something? Or maybe more like some super secret training facility?" The faux haired boy gasped. "Maybe that's how Stinger was trained!"

Ondine puts a piece of paper in her swimming bracelet, smiling to herself.

"Wanna know my secret?" She asked.

"Yeah! I love this game!" Kim replied.

Ondine throws her swimming bracelet into the pool. Kim dives in to fetch it, then reads its paper.

"I have a serious crush on this boy, but he has no idea." He chuckled " That boy must be clueless."

You have no idea. Ondine thought, blushing.

"Okay, now it's my turn." Kim replied.

Kim throws the swimming bracelet into the pool. Ondine dives in after it. As she got it, she reads.

"I can stick my big toe inside my ear...?"

Kim demonstrates. Ondine laughs. Kim gives her the notebook and pen with his feet.

"Time to stop beating around the bush." Ondine muttered.

"Oh no! I forgot about the movie!" Kim gasped as he got out the pool.

"B-but we haven't finished yet!" Ondine stammered.

"I've really gotta split. Max was getting my ticket and Chloé and Sabrina were making sure that these two mean girls wouldn't be there. Next time, I promise!" Kim rushes off with his things.

As Kim leaves. Ondine reaches out toward him, then picks up the paper and opens it, revealing a heart with Kim's name on it, and "Je t'aime" written below, with more hearts.

"The boy I'm crushing on is...you." She said to herself sadly.

Marinette POV

"Phew! That's about it." Phantom sighed.

"Yeah. I'm beat." Jackal added.

"Pound i-. Hey, where're you going?" I said as I watched Jackal and Cat Noir leave.

"Jackal's about to transform." He told me.

Yeah, Ladybitch! We gotta go!" Jackal added.

"So you're allowed to know his true identity, but I'm not?" I asked.

"Let it go, Ladybug. He need the miraculous back." Phantom told me.

"So what's our role, then? The ones who are left in the dark?" I asked.

"Well. Yeah." Tigress shrugged.

Hey! We gotta go!" Jackal called.

"Alright." Cat Noir nodded and followed Jackal to the alleway.

I was about to follow, but Stinger stopped me.

"You know the rules. We can't know each other's secret identities." She told me.