Chapter 17: Heroes Day (Catalyst)

Zane POV

"Rise and shine everyone! Today is Heroes Day. A day when you too can be a hero!"

I groaned and got up from my bed. Yesterday was patrol with the team and defeating another akuma.

"Man. I'm still sore from that fight with the akuma." I stretched and went to take a shower and got dressed.

"Isn't saving the streets of Paris enough?" Fang asked as he chewed on some beef jerky.

"That's Phantom's job.  Heroes Day is when everyday citizens perform a good deed for other people's benefit." I explained as I shouldered my bag.

"That reminds me. I have something to give to you." Fang said.

I watched as Fang  hums and dances around before spitting up a silver comma jewel onto my hand.

"A Magatama?" I asked.

"A Kwamagatama. A symbol of a bond between kwami and holder." Fang smiled.

"Aww. Thanks, buddy." I smiled and petted Fang.

After meeting up with the others, we looked to see Sofia and Adrien together since they started dating sometime before our fight with Frozer.

 As we talked about what we'll be doing for Heroes Day, Ms Bustier had an announcement to make.

"As you already know, a new student couldn't attend our class for personal reasons. However, she's made a video call to say hello to us."

Sofia paled. "Oh no."

There, we saw none other than Lila Rossi on Face Time.

"Hi, guys!" She chirped.

"Hi, Lila." The class replied.

"That's her?" I whispered.

"Yeah. That lying, murdering bitch." Sofia whispered bitterly.

"We can't wait to hear what you've been doing since our last video chat. Tell us about your week in the Kingdom of Achu." Ms Bustier said.

"It's absolutely amazing! Prince Ali invited me and my parents to his gorgeous palace." Lila said.

"Excuse me, Lila, but Prince Ali is in the United States right now. How can he invite you if he's not there?" Sabrina asks in a polite and innocent tone.

Lila laughs, "I never said he was actually there, Sabrina.  I just said he invited us, that's all. His parents hosted the visit-"

Sabrina slumped in her seat while Nino comforted her.

"She's lying, and I'll expose her for the fake that she is." Marinette whispers as she types on her phone.

"Oh no, Marinette, not that again." Alya facepalms, "She's not a liar. You're just jealous of Lila because she seems to have her eyes on Adrien and Zane."