Chapter 13: Carapace's Debut (Anansi)

Zane POV

Adrien, Sofia, Nino, Sabrina, Diana, Chloe, Ryder and I were in the Ferris wheel, watching as fireworks started to go off nearby.

"Wow. So cool." Sofia grins as Adrien watches her.

"Just in time!" Chloe exclaimes in awe.

"Woah!" Sabrina looks amazed before noticing the expression on Nino's face. She looks at him in concern, "Is everything okay?"

"Oh, ah...nothing." Nino reassures his girlfriend as they continue to watch the fireworks.

Watching the fireworks go on, I suddenly caught something pass by.

"What the hell?" I muttered.

"Z? You ok?" Diana asked me.

"Sorry. I thought I saw something." I replied.

"I didn't see anything." Sofia shrugged.

"It's probably just a bird." Chloe said.

"That's way too big to be called a bird." I replied.

Suddenly, the ground shook, causing Nino to hold onto Sabrina, Sofia and Diana to fall on top of Adrien and I while Chloe holds onto Ryder, who deadpans.

"Dude, please don't tell me we're gonna be stuck up here!" Nino says in fear.

 "Guys, look!" Sofia pointed.

Turning to where she was pointing, I saw a spider figure make a web in the center of the wheel.

Standing from their seats, both Nino and Sabrina look down to see what we were looking at. Without a second thought,  Chloe pulled out her phone to livestream.

"Uh, ma-maybe you shouldn't film her, Chloé! You don't wanna attract her over here!" Nino stutters.

"It'll help attract the heroes, Nino!" Chloe argues.

The four of us exchanged looks.

Seeing that the spider villain had turned its attention to us, my eyes widen as she approaches our gondola.

" Well, well. There you are, fly-weights." She said.

"Nora?" Nino looks at the akumatized villain in confusion.

" Nora's not here to protect you anymore. I am Anansi, super-spider!"

And with that, she rips our gondola from the Ferris wheel and holds it above her head. I quickly kicked the door open.

"Jump!" I called.

"No way! It's too high!" Chloe shouted.

"We don't have a choice, Chloe! Come on!" Ryder shouts.

We all leaped out of the gondola and hit the ground. Before we could react, Anansi jumps and lands.

She then heads to the Ferris wheel and punches at the center, the ride wobbling, "That'll keep the heroes busy." she looks back to see us escaping. She jumps over to them, grabbing onto Sabrina, "Hey, Cappie! Show us how you plan to protect your girlfriend!" she laughs and starts to jump away, "Come and get her if you're not a fly-weight!"

Nino puts on a determined face, "Sabrina!" he runs after Anansi as the akumatized villain was leaping away.

"Nino!" Adrien calls as his friend darts after the spider villain.

 We follow after him as the streets suddenly became covered with webs that came from Anansi. Seeing that he has slowed down, Nino crawls over a car.

"You'll be killed!" Chloe called.