Vegas

Vegas stood before the glistening display of diamond necklaces and chokers, his heart aflutter with excitement and nerves. Tonight was special. He wanted to surprise Pete, his beloved, with a token of his affection. Since he woke up from his coma and started living with his Pup and soon-to-be mate the Alpha noticed that his Omega loved to be adorned in jewelry. It reminded him of the first time he saw him at the club all dressed up. It wasn't the happiest memories they shared but the way his lover looked never left Vegas' brain.

These days Pete wasn't stuck in his boring suits and he wore a lot of loose and tight fitting clothes the Omega himself chose. His belly was quite visible in the second trimester of pregnancy. He looked divine.

The Alpha couldn't stop looking at Pete and not fall more in love each day.

During the day Vegas would attend physical therapy or deal with what was left of Minor Family business. That was a lot. His father dealt in some shady deals that the younger Alpha didn't want to result in consequences for his new family. He had to cut it in the root. Vegas created an alliance with Kinn and to the surprise of everyone involved the two Alphas were working just fine. There was a certain tension between them when Vegas woke up. The first thing he did when he saw Kinn again was shoot him in the foot. It wasn't a serious injury but it was a must after what the Alpha did to Pete. It would've been more if his Omega hadn't told him how sorry Porsche and Kinn were and how much they helped him through the first weeks of pregnancy.

His family was only to get bigger and if Vegas had to put his pride aside to protect them, so be it.

They had a lot of work at home too. The Minor Family house had a whole revamp. His guards replaced the ones of his father. The ones that survived the coup anyway. Nop, Tim, Jerry, and Aran were the men he trusted the most. They helped him clear the rows of guards and staff and create new deals with other families. These four men were also the people responsible for protecting his Pups and mate while he was in a coma and he couldn't be more grateful to them. Pete told him how Nop and Tim secured the alliances with Mina-san and Triads, while Jerry and Aran dealt with Italians and Russians during his sleep. His Omega had taken the rains over the operations and the business was booming.

The former bodyguard knew everything about their business so it was easy for him to dive into the accounts and secure trades and profits. For the clubs Vegas oversees, Pete made new plans and they worked very well. Something his father would never allow was for Omegas to work at the club and not just as eye candies. Macau told Vegas that it was a way for the Omega not to spend his entire time in Vegas' hospital room.

He knew that he found his soulmate. And he planned to make it official too. Only after Khun's wedding was over. That whole thing took so much effort from everyone. Esepcially his lover. Vegas' crazy cousin took all of his lover's time with planning the atrocious wedding. The Alpha saw some of the plans and it was an event he would rather skip. Tankhun was marrying his bodyguards as Pete supplied him once he was awake and their color schemes were horrible. But it was a known fact that Alphas would do anything for their Omegas. A perfect example of that was looking at him in the bathroom mirror every morning and night.

Today while he was driving to one of his legal meetings with hotel owners, he received a text from his Pup saying how there was going to be an engagement party for his cousin. His Omega was to spend the whole day looking for an outfit for himself, Macau, and Vegas. The theme was glitter and gold and it was very formal. Something Vegas knew their Pup despised. Macau in a suit was the same as a turtle on a skateboard. Very funny but a danger to himself.

Vegas loved that Pete knew him so well that he could choose his wardrobe. As time went on the two started to dress very similarly. The Alpha loved seeing his Omega in flowy shirts in red or black. The heir's possessives loved it when his lover wore these colors.