Pete-Vegas

Pete stood in the beige doctor's office, his heart pounding in his chest as he stared at the walls, trying to make sense of the impossible news he had just received.

Pregnant.

The word echoed in his mind, swirling around like a tornado, tearing apart the fragile sense of normalcy he had tried so hard to maintain. Even if the normal to them was different from normal for other people.

'How could this be?' He thought, his hands trembling as he clutched the crumpled piece of paper that held the results of the pregnancy test.

It had taken every ounce of courage he had to agree to the tests. They still couldn't explain how it was possible for Pete to get pregnant. He might not have been as barren as the old doctors told him. Was it all a lie?

He couldn't think much about the logistics now. Not when his Alpha was currently in surgery and the Omega couldn't even help him with blood transfusion because he was pregnant.

Surprise!

He never expected this.

Memories flooded back to him, memories he had tried to bury deep within himself. Memories of the older Alpha - Vegas' grandfather- who had abused him, who had left him broken and shattered, unable to trust anyone for a long time. He knew the situation was not the same but Pete couldn't do this. Not again.

Pete squeezed his eyes shut, trying to block out the pain, but it was always there, lurking just beneath the surface.

But now, surrounded by all the chaos, there was something else he needed to worry about. Something unexpected and miraculous. He was carrying Vegas' child. Vegas, the man fighting for his life. An Alpha who recently confessed his love for him. The one person who had given him hope that maybe, just maybe, that there was still goodness left in the world.

But Vegas was currently fighting for his life. And Pete was here, alone, receiving the news of their unborn child all by himself. Tears welled up in his eyes as he thought about Vegas, about everything they had been through together, and everything they had yet to experience.

'How was he going to do this without him? He didn't want to do this on his own.' Pete wondered, his mind racing with a million different thoughts and emotions. He felt overwhelmed, terrified, but also strangely hopeful. Despite everything, despite all the pain and suffering he had endured, there was a tiny flicker of hope burning within him.

Omega wiped away his tears, taking a deep breath as he made a silent promise to himself and their unborn child. He may not have all the answers, he may not know what the future holds, but he would do whatever it takes to protect them, to give them the love and care they deserve. He would have them meet Macau, who Pete knew would be the most amazing older brother and the baby would have an amazing father.

And together, they would face whatever challenges lay ahead because their love was stronger than any obstacle they may encounter. The Omega knew he had a family holding him up and that was all they would need.

With renewed determination, Pete folded the piece of paper and tucked it into his pocket, feeling a sense of peace wash over him. No matter what the future may bring, he would face it head-on, with Vegas by his side every step of the way. And as he placed a hand on his still-flat stomach, he whispered a silent prayer for their little miracle growing inside him, knowing that their love would be enough to carry them through.

"We can do this, Venice."
-.-.-.-.-.-.-

"Hia, what is it?" Macau was the first to ask. "Where is Mama? And Venice?"

The hospital lights were just as bright as he remembered them. It made his head hurt.

"Macau, calm down, a bit, will you?" Vegas sighed loudly.