Chapter 5

"Welcome, Hells  sovereign overlords. I've invited you all here because you represent the controlling powers of our city. Together, you own millions of souls. Souls at risk with the new Extermination  schedule." Carmilla begins as she pounds her fist on the table. "We need to discuss what can be done to minimize the impact on our interest." As Clyde and Zestial take their seat next to each other. "Clyde, Zestial. Good to see you, my friends." Carmilla acknowledges them.

Zestial summons two teacups and saucers handing one to Clyde who takes it gratefully before speaking. "Enchanted as always, Carmilla." he says. Carmilla nods before noticing Alastor sitting their with the same smile plastered on his face. "Alastor?" 

"Yes, I know I've been absent some time. I'm sure you've all been wondering!" Alastor says dramatically 

"... Not really. But welcome back in any case." She answers causing Clyde to let out a short deep laugh and Alastor's eye to twitch. Alastor narrows his eyes at Carmilla his pride damaged at her lack of concern on him missing. " This year's Extermination was brutal, far more even than years past. We have assessed that about 16% of the population was lost" She starts as a slide is projected onto the wall behind her. "With the angelic legions now returning twice as quickly, I think it prudent we-" 

"Yes, I've got it handled, Vox . Are you doubting me? Really? Me? That's what I thought.  Yes, I know. They're all a joke. Thank you, V. See you soon. Kisses, darling. Velvette says interrupting Carmilla as she was on the phone. She hangs up before sitting opposite of Carmilla. 

"Nice of you to join us, Velvette. Will your... colleagues be joining?" Carmilla asks clearly annoyed by Velvette's early interruption. 

"No, they have better shit to do than to listen to an old windbag who thinks she's tough shit. I'm here to represent." Velvette says while going on her phone. Clyde and Zestial both take a sip of their tea at the same time as they watch Carmilla take a deep breath before she takes Velvette's head off. 

"Charming. So, as I was saying, we need to discuss-" Carmilla tries to continue the meeting only to be interrupted once more be Velvette waving her hand around to grab everyone's attention. "Yes?" 

"On the subject of discussion..." Velvette says as she grabs an exorcist head throwing it on the table in front of everyone. Everyone begins to murmur amongst themselves while staring at the exorcist's head in astonished. 

"Where did you get this?" Carmilla asks while narrowing her eyes at Velvette.

"We found it during Extermination day. If these Holy Rollers can be killed, the game has changed. We can take the fight to them. The boys and I have come up with a full assault plan--" Velvette says as she stands on top of the table. Though she was interrupted when Zestial sipped his tea loudly and Clyde lite a cigar. With Carmilla's permission. 

"If it be true thee and thy colleagues desire to war with such meagre proof, thou art far more... foolish than I be thought." Zestial says as he places his tea cup down. 

"Meagre proof? It's a dead fucking Exorcist. I'd say that's pretty fucking definitive. You going blind, old man?" Velvette scoffs 

"We know not how this perished. Mayhaps t'was not by a demon's hand at all. If we rush to war without knowing mightn't, they purge all of Hell for daring an uprising?" Zestial points out. 

"Oh, I get it. So Grandpa is too pussy to fight, so I guess there's no point, right? *Oh, what's the matter, Fossil?  And you smokey. Too senile to make a real power grab for-" Velvette was interupted by Clyde blowing smoke into her face and Carmilla beginning to sing.

Carmilla and Velvette glare at each other in silence until Alastor deiced to break it. "That was a productive meeting!" 

"Hm. Fine. Safe travels back to the nursing home, fuckers! Kiss my arse! Velvette says as she walks out the door. 

"Mother?" Odette says worried about her mom. All the overlords begin to leave. As Carmilla, Odette, Clara, Zestial, and Clyde walks towards another room. 

In the room Clyde pours Carmilla a drink as Zestial goes to comfort her. "Carmilla, what troubles thou? Losing thy composure is unlike thee." He asks as Clyde hands her the drink. "I will leave you two for know. Please do not hesitate to contact me. And Zestial, I will see you next week for tea." Clyde says before turning into smoke and flying out of the building 

Clyde arrived back at the hotel late at night. He went straight into his room and poured himself a drink as he sat on his couch to relax. All of a sudden he gets a knock at his door. Clyde walks over opening it to reveal Charlie. "How can I he-" 

"Tell me what happen between you and my dad?" 

Thank you for being patient as you wait for me to update

Don't forget to vote and comment
I enjoy reading your thoughts and Feedback on the story 
Thank you for reading