𝟕. ❙𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐮𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐫𝐬 𝐨𝐟 𝐩𝐚𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧

❛ 𝑯𝑬𝑹𝑶𝑵 ❜
════════◅∘≼≽∘▻════════
•☼.⭒✻❙ 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐓𝐇𝐔𝐍𝐃𝐄𝐑𝐒 𝐎𝐅 𝐏𝐀𝐒𝐒𝐈𝐎𝐍 ❙✻⭒.☼•

❝ 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐫𝐚𝐦𝐩𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐮𝐩 𝐭𝐨 𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐬𝐧𝐚𝐫𝐤𝐲 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐬? ❞

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

𝑨𝑩𝑶𝑼𝑻 𝑨 𝑮𝑰𝑹𝑳
𝒏𝒊𝒓𝒗𝒂𝒏𝒂

❛ i do keep a date with you ❜

        𝑇𝐻𝐸 𝐼𝑁𝑇𝐸𝑅𝐶𝐸𝑃𝑇𝑂𝑅'𝑆 𝐶𝑅𝐸𝑊 𝐻𝐴𝐷 sailed all day, even through the vicious thunderstorm that erupted in the evening. It was dark out, so it was already difficult to navigate the ship since their lanterns had all been put out by the wind or water. Waves crashed, forcing the Interceptor to toss around and the crew fly. Everything on the deck was a struggle, but Jack at the helm seemed unbothered.

A rope holding the sail steady had come loose from the wind, so Will and Calico ran to fix it. The rest of the crew was busy trying not to fall overboard. Will and Calico pulled the heavy sail back to where it was meant to sit, Calico tying the rope while Will held it steady for her. Will was quite worried about their journey ahead, especially due to the fact it had been a few days and still no sign of Elizabeth or the Black Pearl. "How can we sail to an island that nobody can find, with a compass that doesn't work?"

Calico looked up at Jack a moment, who was looking down at his compass as he steered the ship, attempting to keep it on course towards their desires. Calico focused back on tying the rope. "Well, we're not trying to find North and that compass doesn't point North, so quite easily I'd imagine."

"How do you mean?" Will and Calico had to speak quite loudly on account of the crashing waves and loud thunder.

"That compass shows you what you most desire. He most desires the Black Pearl." Calico had finished tying the rope as she spoke, so quickly, she rushed to Jack, who needed to be far more worried about what was going on around him. But he only looked ahead. "Aye, Jack! We need to drop canvas."

"She can hold a bit longer." Jack spoke with confidence, but he wasn't the one on the deck watching the crew fall over, sails move haphazardly, and waves crashing onto the ship. Jack was happy at the helm, sailing towards his heart's desires. "Are you mad?! Why are you in such a fine mood in this weather?"

"We're catching up, dear friend."

Jack always has a false sense of confidence, it's part of his shtick. He's far too gone to realize what dangers lay ahead of him or even immediate danger. Normally, it's Calico that has a sense for such things and is the one who saves him. However, Jack has a brilliant mind. He survived long before Calico came along, so he must have always been doing something correctly. Now, Jack simply had more to work for. He not only wants the Black Pearl to captain himself, but it would too give Calico a great experience and a place she could call home.