Chapter 2: Let's play.

(Un)Fortunate

Chapter 2: Let's play.

Fuyona is walking into her room, thinking about the boy she had just talked with, Kai.

<This was not that bad.. he was rather nice.. but he was so awkward.. well still better than it could've been. I just hope he didn't fall in love with me or something..>

○●○●○

Kai returned home happily.

<She was so cute.. a bit rough.. but cute!>

He went to train, to stay in shape.

○●○●○

Time flew by as she was messing around in her room, reading, and thinking of chess.

="Well, how did your first occasion go?"

Natsu asked joyfully, after appearing, in her door frame, out of nowhere.

-"Uh.. it was okay.. certainly better than expected.."

="Ooh.. did you maybe fall in love? Hmm?"

<She reads too many romance books...> Fuyona thought to herself, before replying:

-"Not really.. he was weird. Plus it's not something you can allow yourself in this profession is it now?"

="Well one can dream!" The beautiful oiran chuckled. "Besides.. you never know who sweeps you off your feet!"

-"Ever the optimist, are you big sis?.."

Natsu pouts playfully.

="You are quite the pessimist, young lady!"

-"I'm just not the type, men would be drawn to..." She shows her rather scrawny build. "..well at least it has some upsides.. no one would want to do 'that' with me, so I can avoid it." She chuckled.

="Well people don't love each other merely for their looks!"

-Fuyona sighed. "I guess you are not wrong... but a courtesan just simply can't fall in love."

="How negative...well I have my own things to tend too, so I'll let you rest now!"

-"Thank you.. bye!"

○●○●○

A week later, Kai returns to the district. This time not feeling down, for it.

As he enters the brothel.

="Hmm.. good to see you again, young man!" The old madam said, happy that she'll get more money in her pockets.

-"Good evening, I would like to play chess with the girl I talked to last time."

="You expect me to remember, young man?"

<And I thought I wouldn't embarrass myself this time...> thought Kai.

-"Her name was Fuyona..."

="Hmm... you have a unique taste, young man..."

-"What do you mean by that?"

="No one has found her any good."

○●○●○

Meanwhile, Fuyona is in her room.

<Hmmm... I knew no one would actually want me... this is kind of disappointing though... Not that I want some creepy bastard to touch me.. I'm kinda just bored... still well I guess that's still better than being with weirdos.. At least I have time for myself! Hmm.. I think I'll read a book... yeah let's do that!> Just as Fuyona was reaching for a book to read, her name was called.