Eddie

Falling asleep facing Buck wasn't the greatest idea. When Eddie woke up, Buck was still sleeping and Eddie couldn't help himself but lay there, watching him. Buck was so peaceful when he was sleeping. His birthmark was also really cute and Eddie wanted to touch it, to see if that part of his skin was any different from the rest.

Laying there in bed, in the silence of the morning, he wanted to reach and touch that birthmark, to get his answer. He slowly lifted up his arm and hovered the fingers above Buck's birthmark as if he was touching it.

He was so close to touching it when Buck moved his head slightly, signaling that he was waking up. Eddie almost flew out of bed and felt his heart skip as he was almost caught.

Why did he even do that? He never felt the need to touch another man, to see how his skin felt, to watch him sleep in the morning, to wake up next to him. Buck was his best friend, they were closer than Eddie ever was with any of his friends. Sure it was normal for him to want to be more touchy with Buck, wasn't it? It's like girl best friends are all touchy with each other. He wanted to hug Buck every time he saw him just like those girls wanted to hug their best friends every time they saw them. It sure was normal.

So why did Eddie have to bring up Marisol last night after he caught himself looking at Buck's body a little more than he should have?

"Morning!" Buck said in his deep morning voice and Eddie pretended to look in his closet for new clothes.

He wasn't even paying attention to the clothes, he was just thinking of Buck's presence in his bed.

"Morning! Slept well?"

Buck yawned and stretched and Eddie watched him with the corner of his eye.

God damn it, Diaz!

"Mhm. Slept like a baby," Buck said and gave him a smile.

Eddie's stomach did a backflip and he put more effort into looking for the clothes.

"I'll go make breakfast. Do you want cereal, or something else?"

"Cereal sounds great."

Buck stood up and looked for his own clothes, the ones from yesterday, which Eddie made sure to fold last night while Buck was in the shower. They were placed neatly on a chair in the corner.

"Do you have plans for today?" Eddie asked and finally took out a t-shirt and a pair of pants.

"Not really. But, um, if you want me to look for Christopher while you ask Marisol out..."

Buck didn't seem the happiest to propose that, but Eddie knew Buck never said no to spending time with Christopher. Maybe something was bothering him.

"Are you sure? Don't you have anything else to do? I don't want you to be my kid's babysitter. I might have to pay you for that." Eddie laughed and Buck did the same.

Buck took off his pajama t-shirt and replaced it with his own shirt. Eddie averted his gaze again before he caught himself staring at Buck's abs again.

"Nonesense. I love spending time with Christopher and you'd have to pay me not to do it." Buck chuckled. "I'll be happy to stay with him. We'll play some video games, do some homework. You go have fun. You deserve it."

Buck's smile was genuine and that made Eddie smile too. He loved Buck's smile and he loved how close his son and his best friend were.

"Okay, great! I'll, um, call Marisol then."

Buck nodded and went to the bathroom to change his pants. Eddie almost slapped himself. Why was he so nervous about having his best friend in his house?