Dual

Eddie's POV

"Dad? Your phone is buzzing and you're not answering."

Eddie jolted from his thoughts at the sound of his son's voice. They were in the car, driving to school, and the phone had been apparently ringinh for the past few minutes.

"Thanks, bud!" Eddie told Chris and picked up the phone.

He thought it might be Buck and he was ready to apologize. He hadn't been fair to Buck, jumping to conclusions like that. Buck was happy for him and he knew that. And the fight made Eddie realize that he didn’t want to lose Buck, no matter what so he would apologize to him and never tell him that he was in loce with him - that would for sure change things for them and he didn't want that. He never wanted to lose Buck.

Eddie answered. Unfortunately, it wasn’t Buck.

"Eddie? Hi!" It was Marisol.

Eddie frowned because he wasn’t expecting her to call. After all, he found an excuse yesterday to go home fast and leave her there by herself. The date was not awful, but he knew that he didn’t pay attention much and that she noticed.

"Marisol?"

"Yes, hey! I was wondering if I can come by the station right now. Um, I wanted to give you something and I kinda am already in front of the fire station."

Eddie looked at Chris and then back at the road.

"Uh, yeah, sure. I'm not working today but I'll drop Chris off and be right there."

"Okay, great!" Eddie could hear her smile and he hung up.

"Was that Buck?" Chris asked.

That kid never got tired of Buck and, quite frankly, never did Eddie either.

"No. A friend. Let's get you to school and I'll come pick you up."

"Can Buck come? I want him to meet my new friends."

After that fight, Eddie was scared to ask Buck anything. Eddie knew he had been an asshole to Buck for no reason but his unnecessary jealousy and he had to apologize.

"I'll talk to him, alright? But he might be busy so we'll see, okay?"

Chris nodded, happy that he was seeing his best friend, Buck, after school. Eddie didn’t have the heart to tell him that Buck might still be mad at him and not want to come.

But again, when did Buck ever turn down seeing Chris?

Bobby was the only one at the station, working on some papers. Eddie said hi and then looked around for where Marisol might be. She was waiting upstairs on the couch, with a little bag in her hand.

"Hey!" She said and hugged him.

He higged back and looked at her confused.

"I thought you wouldn’t call. I was kind of an asshole yesterday. I let you all alone at the restaurant."

"Well, you paid so I think that's okay." She chuckled and Eddie gave her a polite smile.

Buck's POV

Bobby had to ask Buck to come to the fire station on his free day. All Buck wanted was to go to Eddie's place and just tell him everything that was on his heart. Instead, he had to come here because he forgot to fill out a report last shift.

When he arrived, Buck looked for Bobby everywhere. Lastly, he went upstairs. His heart dropped when he saw Eddie talking to none other than Marisol.

Fuck.