Our little secret

Greta.. Just the sound of her voice I knew it was her. God how I missed her. The summer of 1967 was a dream...

...

1968,somewhere in a little lost town

- Patti come on! Don't make her wait!

- Come on as if Terry can't wait 5 minutes!

Knocks on the door

- Terry hi

- I've been honking haven't you guys heard me!

-Yea but Patti is fucking slow!

- You guys I'm ready I dont know why you are so cranky today!

- Because we are gonna be late to the show!

They both said it in unison and they were right... It was already 12:00 and the drive to the bar was an hour...

- You guys why do we live in a hole! I mean we always go to the secret bar so why dont we move?

They both looked at me as if I was crazy..

- Patti stop saying nonsense... you know we can't. Terry has a husband and I have to find one before my parents send me away...

Her voice dropped from excitement to scared. Carson was right though. Even if we were a part of the beginning of the revolution it was far from being done. With are disappointed faces, we left to go to the show.

In the car I said:

- I'm sorry I said that stupid thing before... I think Lesley Gore is getting in my head a bit..

- It's fine.. but we all have to be careful the world wont change in a day...

- Yea, Carson is right.. I have to tell you guys something about that..

I looked at Terry with the most immense curiosity..

- Richard told me it was my last night out... He thinks you are bad influences on me and he wants me to be ready to have a family.

- Wait Terry are you saying you are pregnant?

- No but I think it wont be long....

- Can we still come visit you? , said Carson

- I think it's best not for now..

- Oh... , we both answered sad

- Then let's make tonight count! Let's make it the best night ever..

- I will miss you both so much.. I can't wait for it to change...

The rest of the car ride was pretty quiet. I think we all realized that are secret lives weren't ready to become acceptable and "normal".
We listened to the radio when a Lesley song came and made us a bit more emotional then it usually does...

You dont own me
Don't try to change me in any way
You dont own me
Don't tie me down cause id never stay
I don't tell you what to say
I don't tell you what to do
So just let me be myself
That's all I ask of you