Chapter 02

The two spent a lot of time in that restaurant. Meerab took out a flower and gave it to Shahmeer.

Meerab : Happy Birthday and best wishes for you Mr.

Shahmeer : Shukriya madam! And yes, thank you so much for such delicious biryani. Honestly, every year I just wait for this only. Ammi k haat ka kheer, tumhari haat k bana hoya biryani!!! Just wow.❤️ These two things seem to become my habit.

Meerab : Hmm. Adaat dal lijiye. Age kaam ayega.

Shahmeer : Wohi toh! Insha Allah, next year we will celebrate my birthday together at my home.

Meerab : Yes! And I will cook all your favorite food together with Ammi.

Shahmeer : Once I get a job, you will see that I will fulfill all the dreams and hopes of Ammi and yours Meerab.

Meerab : Don't worry Shahmeer! Everything will be fine. 

Shahmeer : How not to worry Meerab? How hard it was for my Ammi to raise me alone since I was little. She is a college teacher. She stays in college all day and come home to do tuition and then cook again. You don't know how much I suffer when I see her sufferings.

Meerab : I know everything Shahmeer. Ammi hides her pain behind her smile but you have to understand what makes her happy. And you know how to cook well na.

Shahmeer : He he! Woh toh baas aise hi. Interview dene k baad agar Ammi ghar mai nhi hoti hai toh thora bohot cook kar leta hoon.

Meerab : Yes! But that chicken,,,,ufff!!! JUST WOW! Yummy! It was so tasty that what to tell! And remember? Ammi k birthday k din jo kabab banaye the tumne? WOW!

Shahmeer : Bas bas! No need to praise that much. OK? You're praising me so much, so that I cook after our marriage. Isn't it?

Meerab laughed. Shahmeer also laughed after seeing Meerab's laugh.

Meerab : Woh toh hai. You will cook. And Ammi and I will watch TV and order.

Shahmeer : Then who will go to the office?

Meerab : Why? You will.

Shahmeer : Waah! I will work all day and then I will come from the office and cook for you both?

Meerab : The great sages have said that if you serve your wife and mother, you will soon become beautiful.

Shahmeer laughed and giggled as soon as he heard Meerab's words and Meerab laughed too. After some time Meerab pulled Shahmeer's hand.

Shahmeer : What are you doing?

Meerab : I'll bite your hand.

Shahmeer : What?

Meerab : Ekdam chup! Let me do my work.

Shahmeer was silent after being threatened by Meerab. Meerab took the watch out of the box and put it on Shahmeer's hand.

Shahmeer : Wow! Such a beautiful watch.

Meerab : Hmm. You liked it?

Shahmeer : It's just amazing. OK? And it looks expensive.

Meerab : So what?

Shahmeer : Meerab, who said to waste so much money? And where do you get so much money?

Meerab : Uff..!! Abbu and bhai gave. You know that today is your birthday. That's why they have told me to take a beautiful gift for you from them as well. 

Shahmeer smiled.

Meerab : And yes, this packet contains your favorite color shirt. (Said while holding the packet in front of Shahmeer)