Prologue

It is early September of 2005.

In the dead of night, under the flickering neon lights of New York City, a menacing figure crept through the shadows. The villain known as Scorpion, clad in gleaming green armor that mimicked the exoskeleton of his namesake, led his gang of henchmen toward Osborn's laboratory. His armor, segmented and bristling with technological enhancements, clanked softly with each step, and a long, prehensile tail swayed menacingly behind him.

Suddenly, with a signal from Scorpion, the group burst into the laboratory, shattering the silence. Their objective was clear: steal the valuable samples hidden within.

"Hurry up!" Scorpion's voice was a harsh whisper, yet it carried a sense of urgency and authority. "Find the samples and let's get out before the cops show up."

The henchmen spread out, rifling through drawers and cabinets with frenzied haste. The dim lab lights cast eerie shadows, heightening the tension.

"Over here! I found them!" one henchman called out, holding up a container filled with a dark, swirling liquid.

They quickly began to gather the other samples. As they worked, one of the henchmen couldn't help but peer closely at the mysterious substance. It seemed almost alive, shifting and pulsing within its container. His hands shook, and he nearly dropped it in fear.

"Quit gawking and move!" Scorpion's tail lashed out, narrowly missing the henchman as a stark reminder of his impatience. "Get it to the car, now!"

"Y-yes, boss!" The henchman stammered, clutching the container tightly as he rushed towards the exit.

Suddenly, Spider-Woman appeared, hanging upside down from the ceiling on a delicate strand of webbing. Her white and black costume stood out starkly against the dim light, the pink accents giving her an almost ghostly appearance.

"Didn't think guys like you were into nerdy stuff like labs," she quipped, her voice dripping with sarcasm.

Scorpion snarled, his eyes narrowing beneath his armored mask. "Who the hell are you?"

"Don't watch the news? I'm your friendly neighborhood Spider-Woman!" Gwen retorted, swinging down gracefully to land between Scorpion and the exit.

"I thought you were a myth!" Scorpion growled, his tail curling in agitation.

"Which part of my name is a myth to you? The 'woman' part or the 'spider' part?" Gwen shot back, eyeing his armor with a smirk. "I'm guessing the first one, judging by your fashion sense."

With a furious hiss, Scorpion lashed out, releasing a stream of venom from his tail. But Gwen was too quick, flipping effortlessly out of the way.

"Haven't your momma told ya that spitting on others is very rude?" she taunted, landing nimbly on her feet.

"Catch her!" Scorpion bellowed, his voice echoing through the lab.