Chapter 8: High Voltage

Gwen's eyes widened in shock as she took in the sight before her. It was... Peter.

Gwen: "Peter?!"

Peter, nervous and stuttering, looked even more flustered.

Peter: "Y-yeah... it's m-me. Hehe..."

Gwen's shock quickly turned into anger, her emotions a whirlwind.

Gwen: "You're Spider-Man?! This whole time, it was you?! And that... that thing on you! It's just like the stuff in these samples! Where did you get it?"

Peter, still looking down and now even more nervous, tried to explain, his voice shaking.

Peter: "I-I don't know... I just found it one day. It bonded with me. I don't know what it is..."

Gwen's fists clenched at her sides, her anger bubbling over.

Gwen: "So you just decided to keep it? To wear it without knowing what it is or where it came from? This is insane!"

Peter, still looking down, took a deep breath, trying to steady his nerves.

Peter: "I know you're angry, and you have every right to be. But I swear, I never meant to hurt you or put you in danger."

Gwen, her anger simmering, took a step back, trying to collect her thoughts. The mission, the symbiotes, Oscorp—all of it seemed to fade into the background as she grappled with the revelation that Peter Parker, her best friend, was Spider-Man, and that he was bonded with a mysterious, possibly dangerous symbiote.

The tension in the lab was palpable as Gwen and Peter continued to grapple with the revelation. Suddenly, the sound of approaching footsteps grew louder.

Gwen's instincts kicked in. She quickly grabbed Peter and pulled him behind a large storage cabinet, her hands covering his mouth to muffle any sounds. Peter's suit reacted instinctively, its black tendrils wrapping around his face to conceal his identity. Gwen held her breath, peeking around the edge of the cabinet to see who was coming.

The door to the lab creaked open, and three figures stepped inside.

The first was a tall man in a lab coat, holding a clipboard and adjusting his glasses. The second was dressed in a sleek, high-tech suit with glowing lines and a visor—Electro. The third was a hulking figure clad in a bulky, Rhino-like exoskeleton, with a menacing helmet that obscured his face.

Electro: "Symbiotes, shmymbiotes, or whatever. They're just some sort of stupid alien living dirt. You better give us weapons and upgrades for our tech instead of giving us a lecture about living damn dirt!"

The researcher, visibly uncomfortable, tried to maintain his composure.

Researcher: "The symbiotes are crucial to our research. They have potential for incredible advancements—"

Electro cut him off, his irritation palpable.

Electro: "Save it. We're not here for your scientific mumbo-jumbo. We need real power, and we need it now."

The Rhino-like figure, standing near the door, scanned the lab with a suspicious gaze. His eyes landed on a broken door at the far end of the room. He then noticed a faint, black tendril barely visible in the shadows.

Without saying a word, the Rhino-like figure tapped Electro on the shoulder and pointed calmly at the location of the tendril.

Rhino Figure: calmly "Blast that spot."

Electro, puzzled, looked at the broken door and then back at Rhino.

Electro: "Wait, why? It's just a lab. We're not here to cause a scene."