Chapter 12: The last hunt

In the dimly lit, opulent room at the top of the skyscraper, Blind Bull, the notorious crime lord, sat in his plush chair, savoring a glass of expensive whiskey. Despite the sunglasses covering his lifeless eyes, his other senses were sharp, honed by years of surviving in the underworld. He took a slow sip, savoring the taste, when the soft ding of the elevator echoed through the room.

Heavy, deliberate footsteps approached, each one resonating with a predatory rhythm. Blind Bull didn't need his vision to know who it was.

"So...Mr. Kravinoff," Blind Bull's voice dripped with mockery, "how is the hunt going?"

Kraven, standing tall with a sinister grin, let the word "hunt" roll off his tongue as if savoring it. "Very good...my prey is excellent..."

Blind Bull smirked, a dismissive sneer curling his lips. "Oh really?... Good. Now get out there and kill the target. I pay you for the job, not to praise your prey."

But Kraven's smile only widened, a dark gleam in his eyes. He took a step closer. "You know... Mister... Bull..." The way he spat out the name was filled with contempt. "For a... criminal leader, you are too... pathetic."

Blind Bull's face twisted in confusion and anger. "How... how dare you?! I PAY YOU!"

Kraven moved with deadly grace, his presence looming over the seated man. "Besides money, what do you have?... Nothing... Not even your own eyesight... You pay others to see what you cannot... and you dare to claim yourself strong... bastard..."

In one swift motion, Kraven's hand shot out, gripping Blind Bull by the neck and lifting him effortlessly from his seat. "Lions eat oxen," Kraven growled, his voice low and menacing.

Before Blind Bull could respond, the door burst open, and Scorpion, flanked by a group of henchmen, stormed into the room. Scorpion's voice was panicked, "BOSS, YOU CALLED US?!"

But the scene that greeted them was not what they expected. The chair slowly swiveled around, revealing Kraven, seated with a calm yet terrifying demeanor.

"Kraven?! How dare you sit in the boss's seat!... And where is he?!" Scorpion's confusion and fury were evident.

Kraven pointed upwards with a cruel smile. The henchmen followed his gesture, their eyes widening in horror as they saw Blind Bull's lifeless body brutally hung from the chandelier, swaying gently.

"HOW DARE YOU?!" Scorpion shouted, his voice trembling with rage and fear.

Kraven stood, his presence dominating the room. He tossed a heavy briefcase at their feet. It clicked open, revealing stacks of cash, an obscene amount.

One of the henchmen gasped, "There must be millions..."

Scorpion's fury wavered, replaced by confusion and the lure of wealth.

Kraven stepped closer, his voice a low, menacing whisper. "That bastard was a terrible leader... He didn't know what the true hunt is... But I have an offer. I need men for my hunt, and I will pay you a thousand times more than that 'Blind Bull.' What do you say?"

The henchmen exchanged glances, the greed in their eyes growing. Scorpion hesitated, then nodded.

Kraven's smile turned feral. "Xarasho....The last hunt... начинается."

The room was filled with an ominous silence, broken only by the faint creaking of the chandelier. Kraven had found his new pack, and the hunt was about to begin.

Meanwhile, Gwen sat beside Peter, now dressed in her regular clothes, her concern evident despite the cocky, tomboyish demeanor she usually wore. She leaned back in her chair, arms crossed, and gave him a sideways glance.