𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐅𝐢𝐯𝐞

Neat

˚₊𓆩༺🕷༻𓆪₊˚

˚₊𓆩༺🕷༻𓆪₊˚

Lilith found herself standing in a desolate landscape, surrounded by twisted, gnarled trees that reached out like skeletal fingers against a blood-red sky. The air was thick with an oppressive sense of dread, weighing heavily on her chest as she struggled to breathe. In the distance, she could see the outline of her childhood home, but something was terribly wrong. The once welcoming facade was now warped and distorted, windows shattered and walls covered in ominous shadows that seemed to writhe and twist with a life of their own.

With a sinking feeling in her stomach, Lilith approached the house, each step echoing like a drumbeat in the silence of the night. As she pushed open the creaking door, she was met with darkness so profound it seemed to swallow her whole. The interior of the house was a labyrinth of corridors that seemed to shift and change with every blink of her eyes. Whispers filled the air, taunting her with half-formed words and sinister laughter that sent shivers down her spine.

With growing unease, Lilith navigated the maze-like halls, each turn leading her deeper into the heart of her fears. And then, she found them—her parents, standing in the centre of a dimly lit room, their faces twisted into grotesque masks of anguish and despair.

As Lilith approached, she reached out a trembling hand, desperate to touch them, to reassure herself that they were real. But as her fingers brushed against their cold, clammy skin, they crumbled to dust before her eyes, leaving nothing but empty husks in their wake. Tears stung Lilith's eyes as she fell to her knees, her cries of anguish swallowed by the darkness that enveloped her.

With a gasp, Lilith shot up from her bed, her heart pounding in her chest as she struggled to shake off the remnants of the nightmare. Tears streaked down her cheeks, mingling with the cold sweat that clung to her skin. Taking a deep breath, she willed herself to calm down, her ragged breathing gradually steadying. Glancing at the clock, she squinted in the dim light of the room, her eyes adjusting to the darkness. 3:30 am glowed back at her in stark relief. She knew sleep would elude her now, the tendrils of the nightmare still clinging to her mind like cobwebs. Resigned, Lilith rose from her bed, the floor cool beneath her bare feet as she made her way to the small table by the window. Retrieving her beloved drawing journal, she placed it gently on the wooden surface, the weight of it grounding her in the present moment.

With practiced ease, she lit a few candles, their warm glow casting flickering shadows across the room. The soft light illuminated her makeshift sanctuary, chasing away the lingering darkness of the nightmare.

As she settled into her chair, pencil in hand, the rhythmic scratch of lead against paper filled the silence. With each stroke, the memories of the nightmare began to fade, replaced by the soothing familiarity of her art. Lost in the act of creation, Lilith allowed herself to be carried away by the gentle flow of her imagination. The nightmares may haunt her sleep, but here, in this moment, she was free to create her own reality—a world where darkness could be transformed into something beautiful with the stroke of a pencil.