𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐄𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

A broomstick you can crawl on

˚₊𓆩༺🕷༻𓆪₊˚

Lilith and the Addams Family pulled up to the school, the car coming to a smooth stop in front of the entrance where the play would be held that night. As they stepped out, the evening air buzzed with excitement and anticipation. The grand facade of the school was illuminated, casting long shadows across the lawn.

Inside the bustling hallways, Pugsley and Wednesday, still holding Lilith's hand, led the way to the room where they would get ready. Lilith's heart raced with a mix of nervousness and excitement. She glanced back at Morticia, who gave her an encouraging smile and a nod. Blushing, Lilith remembered their earlier conversation, feeling a warm sense of reassurance.

As they reached the room, Wednesday turned to Lilith. "You'll help me with my makeup?" he asked, his voice steady but with a hint of vulnerability. Lilith nodded, squeezing his hand in response.

Just then, a teacher approached Morticia, her expression a mix of curiosity and professionalism. "Mrs. Addams, can I see you for a moment?" she asked

"I'm Susan Firkins. I'm Wednesday's teacher."

"Oh, of course, Miss Firkins. Wednesday's told us so much about you."

"Wednesday is an excellent student, but, frankly, I'm concerned. You see, this is our class bulletin board," Susan, the teacher, explained as she led Morticia over to a board adorned with posters and pictures of various famous figures. She pointed to the colorful display and continued, "This month, our theme is our heroes, people we love and admire. You see, Susan Ringo has chosen the President. Isn't that sweet? And Harmony Feld has picked Jane Pauley."

Morticia's face remained serene, but her eyes reflected a hint of concern. She looked at the teacher and asked, "Have you spoken to their parents?"

Susan hesitated for a moment, clearly thrown off by the question, before redirecting Morticia's attention to another part of the board. "But Wednesday brought in this picture, Calpurnia Addams."

Morticia's expression shifted to one of pride and reverence as she gazed at the drawing. "Wednesday's great-aunt Calpurnia. She was burned as a witch in 1706. They say she danced naked in the town square and enslaved a minister."

"Really?"

"Oh, yes. But don't worry. We've told Wednesday, college first." Morticia spoke with a smile.

🥀

Lilith sat on the table, trying to get a better angle for applying Wednesday's makeup. She gently held his chin, tilting it up so he could look at her. Wednesday's heart raced from the closeness, his eyes fixed on her without wavering. Their moment was interrupted by Fester's voice. "Wednesday. Pugsley. I changed my mind." Both Lilith and Wednesday turned to see Fester, who was beaming with pride. He tossed a bag at Pugsley, who caught it deftly. Wednesday smiled at his uncle, feeling a rush of gratitude.