𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐍𝐢𝐧𝐞

A broomstick you can crawl on

˚₊𓆩༺🕷༻𓆪₊˚

𝔸𝕊 morning rose, Wednesday woke up before Lilith, who slept peacefully without any nightmares to disturb her slumber. He smiled and gently pecked her cheek before quietly slipping out of the room. He made his way to his own room to get ready for the day. Dressed and composed, Wednesday headed towards his father's study. He knocked on the door and, upon hearing a muffled "Come in," entered the room. Gomez was inside, fencing with Thing.

"Ah, my son, come in," Gomez greeted him, his eyes bright with warmth.

"Father, I wish to talk to you about something important," Wednesday said, his tone serious.

Gomez and Thing stopped their fencing and turned their full attention to Wednesday. Gomez had a smile on his face, intrigued by his son's solemn demeanor. "Of course, my boy. What can I help you with?"

Wednesday took a deep breath, preparing himself to articulate his thoughts. "Father, how did you know that you were in love?"

Gomez looked at his son, momentarily shocked by the question, before his face broke into a beaming smile. "Oh, my boy. It's Lilith, isn't it?"

Wednesday nodded, and Gomez's smile widened even further. "Well, how do you feel around her? What does she make you feel?"

Wednesday paused, looking down as he thought about Lilith. A smile crept across his face. "I feel like I can do anything with her at my side. That I will do anything for her." He looked up at his father, his eyes earnest and filled with conviction. "I will do anything for her. I will kill for her, burn this whole world to the ground just to see her smile. I adore her, Father."

Gomez's face lit up with pride as he walked over to Wednesday and patted his shoulder. "That's my boy. You are in love with the young woman." Wednesday nodded, a sense of certainty and determination settling within him. "Yes, Father. I am." Gomez embraced his son briefly, a rare moment of open affection. "Then cherish her, Wednesday. Love like that is a powerful thing. Make sure she knows how much she means to you." 

"I will, Father," Wednesday replied, his voice resolute.

Gomez smiled, his eyes twinkling. "Good. Now, let's make sure the day is as extraordinary as the feelings you have for Lilith."

With that, father and son shared a moment of mutual understanding, the bond between them strengthened by Wednesday's revelation.

🥀

Lilith sat at the kitchen table with the rest of the family, enjoying breakfast. She smiled warmly as she caught sight of Wednesday and his father entering the room. Wednesday noticed her immediately and walked over. He tapped her shoulder, gesturing for her to stand, which she did, a little confused. Without a word, he sat down in her seat, then grabbed her waist and gently placed her on his lap. Lilith blushed deeply, surprised by the intimate gesture. Wednesday brought his plate closer, beginning to eat with one hand while the other stayed firm on her waist.