𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐒𝐢𝐱

Sweet

 ˚₊𓆩༺🕷༻𓆪₊˚

 ˚₊𓆩༺🕷༻𓆪₊˚

"𝕋ℍ𝕀𝕊 magnificent piece is encrusted with rubies and fifteen emerald chips. It was donated by Morticia and Gomez Addams," the Judge announced, his voice echoing through the room. Margaret stood before the crowd at the charity auction, her fingers still caught in the finger trap, as she emphasized the charitable cause. "Remember, this year, over half our proceeds will benefit the elderly and the mentally disabled."

Morticia turned to Grandmama, who nodded approvingly, before taking her seat next to Wednesday, Lilith, and Pugsley. The Judge continued, "I'll open the bidding at five thousand dollars."

Gomez's laughter filled the room before he boldly declared, "Five... Not good enough. Twenty thousand dollars." Margaret, taken aback, questioned, "What are they doing?" Lilith chuckled softly, shaking her head in amusement.

As the bidding escalated to fifty thousand dollars, Gomez and Morticia engaged in a playful exchange, with Gomez passionately kissing Morticia's arm. Wednesday, observing the scene, couldn't help but notice Lilith stifling her laughter. His own lips curled into a small smile before he turned his attention back to the auction. The Judge's voice cut through the room once more, "Fifty thousand, going once. Fifty thousand, going twice. Sold to Morticia Addams for fifty thousand dollars."

🥀

As the family rode back home in the car with Lurch at the wheel, Wednesday sat between his brother and Lilith, who had drifted off to sleep beside him. Knowing she hadn't rested well the previous night, he made sure not to disturb her. Gently, he leaned her head against his shoulder and wrapped his arm around her, shielding her from the cold. Across from him, their parents and Fester sat, the latter with his fingers still trapped in the finger trap. Morticia, with her usual grace, remarked, "Isn't it too enchanting?" Her smile radiated warmth as she addressed Fester's plight.

"How do you take it off?" Fester inquired, breaking the silence.

Morticia's attention shifted to the trapped fingers, and with her deft touch, she began to remove the trap. "There's a trick to it, of course," she replied, her voice calm and reassuring. As she worked, Wednesday's dark eyes lingered on Fester, suspicion flickering in their depths.

As they arrived home, the familiar sound of Gomez's model train set greeted them. "How do you take it off? That's absurd," Gomez muttered to himself, lost in nostalgia. "That finger trap was a party favor at his tenth birthday!"

In Pugsley's room, Morticia sat with the children, reading to them as Wednesday held Lilith close beside him. The peaceful scene was interrupted by the distant sound of the train. "Oh, no," Morticia sighed.